LabSim is now $79 for students!

erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
Just wanted to pass this on to folks who are in WGU or other students who attend schools who bulk order the products who don't want to spend the huge amount of money on LabSims.

If you need LabSim for training on your certs (right now I'm getting the Security+) you can go to www.testout.com. I don't know if I should post the code, but I was told to refer you to dnelson@testout.com. It definitely was no hassle for me to get academic pricing. Doug was very cool about it. Much better than $89. :D Now I can buy beer. icon_cool.gif

Comments

• rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Nice. I think I might grab the Linux+ one soon just for practice. Messing with it in VMware is just not fun for me anymore lol.
  • NobylspoonNobylspoon Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm going to have to request a new promo code then. I got mine earlier this week and my prices are still $89 icon_sad.gif
    WGU PROGRESS

MS: Information Security & Assurance
    Start Date: December 2013
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Nobylspoon wrote: »
    I'm going to have to request a new promo code then. I got mine earlier this week and my prices are still $89 icon_sad.gif

I was expecting to pay the $89. What I did was opened an online chat and told them I was a WGU student. Then Doug gave me a code and told me it'd be for $79. I was floored! Must of been this week or something. I didn't want to argue so I said thanks.
    The new academic price appears to just be for select schools such as WGU that bulk order. My school is still $89 icon_sad.gif
    WGU PROGRESS

The new academic price appears to just be for select schools such as WGU that bulk order. My school is still $89 icon_sad.gif

I've edited that original post to reflect that. As I said I was ready to pay $89. I just wanted additional prep work for Security+ exam, as that's the only cert (and maybe Foundations I if it's that easy) that I want to work on before the year is over. I don't want to recertify a CompTIA cert every three years. I don't know (or care) if Project+ has to be recertified, but by that time, I'll probably have moved on to PMP. :)
    erpadmin wrote: »
    I've edited that original post to reflect that. As I said I was ready to pay $89. I just wanted additional prep work for Security+ exam, as that's the only cert (and maybe Foundations I if it's that easy) that I want to work on before the year is over. I don't want to recertify a CompTIA cert every three years. I don't know (or care) if Project+ has to be recertified, but by that time, I'll probably have moved on to PMP. :)

$89 is still a heck of a deal. I am trying to do the same with the CompTIA exams before the end of the year. I am taking Sec+ on Monday morning. I didn't get LabSim for that one but if I don't pass then I am going to order it before I retest.
    WGU PROGRESS

$89 is still a heck of a deal. I am trying to do the same with the CompTIA exams before the end of the year. I am taking Sec+ on Monday morning. I didn't get LabSim for that one but if I don't pass then I am going to order it before I retest.

Best of luck! I look forward to reading your pass!