looking for Darril Gibson book

mamabarkermamabarker Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
I live in San Diego and looking for Darril Gibson's Security+.

Comments

• EmpoweredBizTechEmpoweredBizTech Member Posts: 110
    I Live in SD as well but your not going to find in stores amazon is going to be your only bet.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Amazon and BN.com have it. Amazon was a couple bucks cheaper.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • CertGrabberCertGrabber Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I was looking for it as well and stopped by a couple different Barnes n nobles, but to no avail.

I just ordered it on amazon, it's probably your best bet. I'm gonna go through the cbt nuggets videos until it gets here.
    Studying CCNP Route

Currently compiling my own home lab. I never knew scouring ebay for routers, switches, and modules could be so much fun!
  • LinuxRacrLinuxRacr Member Posts: 653 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Amazon.com is the way to go. I tried to find it at BN, Borders, and Half Price Books to no avail. Ordered it on Amazon, and had it a couple of days later.
    My WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress : Transferred In|Remaining|In Progress|Completed
    AGC1, CLC1, GAC1, INC1, CTV1, INT1, BVC1, TBP1, TCP1, QLT1, HHT1, QBT1, BBC1 (39 CUs), (0 CUs) (0 CUs)
    WFV1, BNC1, EAV1, EBV1, COV1 | MGC1, IWC1 | CQV1, CNV1, IWT1, RIT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TPV1, CVV1 | EUP1, EUC1, DHV1| CUV1, C173 | BOV1, CJV1, TXP1, TXC1 | TYP1, TYC1, SBT1, RGT1 (84 CUs) DONE!
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It's self published so it's not available in regular bookstores
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • LinuxRacrLinuxRacr Member Posts: 653 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My question is with all of the passes that people are getting on the exam using this book, why is it not listed in the recommended books section of the Security + section?
    My WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress : Transferred In|Remaining|In Progress|Completed
    AGC1, CLC1, GAC1, INC1, CTV1, INT1, BVC1, TBP1, TCP1, QLT1, HHT1, QBT1, BBC1 (39 CUs), (0 CUs) (0 CUs)
    WFV1, BNC1, EAV1, EBV1, COV1 | MGC1, IWC1 | CQV1, CNV1, IWT1, RIT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TPV1, CVV1 | EUP1, EUC1, DHV1| CUV1, C173 | BOV1, CJV1, TXP1, TXC1 | TYP1, TYC1, SBT1, RGT1 (84 CUs) DONE!
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    LinuxRacr wrote: »
    My question is with all of the passes that people are getting on the exam using this book, why is it not listed in the recommended books section of the Security + section?

Security+ Study Guides, Practice Exams, Training Resources, and Forums

All of those books are based on the SY0-101 objectives. In fact on the top of that page, it's all 101, though I imagine there aren't terrible differences.

Or quite simply, they just haven't been updated in quite some time.