How come job postings do not metion Network+?

RZetlinRZetlin Inactive Imported Users Posts: 155
I have read though a lot of job postings and I have realize that none of them mention the Network+ certification.

I never seen a job postings that said, "Network+ certification required"

But I have seen a lot of job postings that requires ,"MCSE certification" or "Novell certification" or "CISCO knowledge required".

Where does Network+ fit in the IT job requirments?

Comments

• BaredorBaredor Member Posts: 99
    I'm the resident noob here, but I'll venture that most people are going to just assume that if you're in IT, you have A+ and Network+, as they're the very basic building blocks, so to speak.
  • awaisyboyawaisyboy Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    some companies dontexpect ppl to sayu have a+or net+ as they will know u area starter and many prefer more experience or better certs than that.
    Personally, I think they are good certs to especially A+ hardware!
  • reloadedreloaded Member Posts: 235
    You know, I've seen many job ads that require candidates to have knowledge of TCP/IP, networking technologies, protocols, OSI model, etc. Having Network+ means you are versed in these types of technologies and IT theory. Also, if someone has their MCSE, they may also have Network+ and A+ or some other combo with Security+ as it counts as an elective in the testing series. icon_cool.gif
    Reloaded~4~Ever
  • netcom2000netcom2000 Member Posts: 117
    I have seen many job positions stating, "requires networking fundamentals, OSI, TCP/IP etc, etc, just bang it down on your CV (resume) people do not realise that the Network + exam is a very importaqnt ccertification, as 1: It is the very foundation of networking, and 2: It is vendor neutral and you know how a network is designed, implemented and supported, lets say for example you had someone with 2003 server certification, and nothing else, then how could that person workn properly with a network, if they did'nt know basic port numbers, the OSI model etc.
    Future planned exams are as follows: CCNA, Windows 2003 Server 70-290

"Like the Roman, I see the Tiber foaming with so much blood"

Enoch Powell 1968

"We died in hell, they called it Passchendaele"
  • NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I've seen Network+ on job postings, but not all that often. Stick it on your resume if you've attained it. It's a respected cert.
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    RZetlin wrote:
    Where does Network+ fit in the IT job requirments?

It doesn't. Anyone in IT should have already acquired the given knowledge Net+ expects. It can’t hurt you though but don’t expect to get a job with it.
  • netcom2000netcom2000 Member Posts: 117
    Well, sorry to spoil everything but I got an IT support technician role without any certs, and one through having network+, and since acquiring (in my opinion ) the best certification for entering the Networking field, I am inundated with agencies calling me for small contracts, which they never offered before I was certified as a Network+ certified Professional.

So yes Net+ is a valuable certification as I have said before, it builds the foundation for all other certifications, along with A+ and is well respected in the industry, just visit Comptia's web site and see all the IT industries that support it such as Microsoft, Novell and Cisco.

Just my usual two penneth worth.
    Future planned exams are as follows: CCNA, Windows 2003 Server 70-290

"Like the Roman, I see the Tiber foaming with so much blood"

Enoch Powell 1968

"We died in hell, they called it Passchendaele"