Indirectly confirmed I failed?

Boyet728Boyet728 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
On July 10, 2010 I sat for the CISSP exams, associate of CISSP to be exact. It was the most painful exam I have went through, considering my level of experience in the IT world. When I handed in my exam paper I had a feeling that I did not make it. The answers were very confusing and really close. I am still waiting for my results till today. I received an email from ISC2 for promotional materials for a CISSP study kit and other stuff within the same email, it put me more on the edge. Feeling bad about my answers, the long wait for the results, who can stay sane. It is driving me nuts. I just hope I did good, well just barely passing the CISSP exam would be fine with me..... icon_sad.gif

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    There is plenty of advice in these discussion forums on how to get through this waiting period. The best thing is to occupy yourself with things that have nothing to do with the CISSP exam and try to forget about it until your results come in. Keep checking your spam folder too.
    Boyet728 wrote: »
    I just hope I did good, well just barely passing the CISSP exam would be fine with me..... icon_sad.gif
    And if you pass, you will never know how well you did because exam scores are only given to those candidates who fail. So "a pass is a pass" with the (ISC)2.
  • laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    As JD says take the time to chill and look through the forums for advice on relaxing icon_smile.gif

Don't worry about the email, we all get em from time to time. Always make me lol when I get one just after an exam.
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • aethereosaethereos Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Boyet728 wrote: »
    I received an email from ISC2 for promotional materials for a CISSP study kit and other stuff within the same email, it put me more on the edge. Feeling bad about my answers, the long wait for the results, who can stay sane. It is driving me nuts.

Everyone gets these emails; those that haven't taken the test, those that just took the test, and those that passed them (in my case, SSCP and CISSP) a long time ago.

So, relax. Try not to project your worries on things that aren't there. (ISC)2 isn't suggesting you passed or failed, it just wanted you to attend paid training courses. It, too, has bills to pay and all.
  • Boyet728Boyet728 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you all for trying to ease my suffering, I am going to try and concentrate on another cert or study guide so I can function normal again icon_rolleyes.gif. Like Rich13 mentioned in another topic this site allows me to relax and just mellow out. I guess just wait and see what happens, I could receive the result anytime soon. I am going to try and study more in another security program CE|H sounds good.
  • za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    is this a test or a torture :D
  • hustlin_moe20hustlin_moe20 Member Posts: 225
    za3bour wrote: »
    is this a test or a torture :D

Actually, many will say it's a little of both, lol.
  • KSJ999KSJ999 Registered Users Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am still waiting for my results till today. I received an email from ISC2 for promotional materials for a CISSP study kit and other stuff within the same email, it put me more on the edge. Feeling bad about my answers, the long wait for the results, who can stay sane. It is driving me nuts. I just hope I did good, well just barely passing the CISSP exam would be fine with me..... icon_sad.gif[/QUOTE]

Hi

Have U cleared it. Since yesterday I got the same email from ISC2.

ksj999
  • hustlin_moe20hustlin_moe20 Member Posts: 225
    KSJ999 wrote: »
    I am still waiting for my results till today. I received an email from ISC2 for promotional materials for a CISSP study kit and other stuff within the same email, it put me more on the edge. Feeling bad about my answers, the long wait for the results, who can stay sane. It is driving me nuts. I just hope I did good, well just barely passing the CISSP exam would be fine with me..... icon_sad.gif

Hi

ksj999[/QUOTE]
    Wow, how long has it been? My exam is in 30 days.
  • cabrillo24cabrillo24 Member Posts: 137
    Hi

ksj999
    Wow, how long has it been? My exam is in 30 days.[/QUOTE]

It's just their automated promotional emails. I received the same emails earlier this year, after I took the exam (which I passed). I still get them to this day.
    Next Up...
    CCNA: Security (210-260)
    Date: TBD