Prometric Issue

chazuwechazuwe Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi there,

Was just wondering if anyone has ever had this issue with Prometric. Last friday I took the 70-297 exam which completes my MCSE. After the test it advised I had passed with a score of 863 and I got the appropriate stamped certificate from the test centre confirming this.

Thought nothing more of it and was just chuffed at getting through the MCSE and then today I get an email from MS (the usual one post taking an exam) although this one said I had failed. Cross referenced this against prometric which also said I had failed. Spoke to the Test centre and then Prometric and they have asked that I email them a copy of the certificate. I have done this and am now just waiting for a reply.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? I don't understand how this could happen. The PC didn't crash or anything and everything worked fine....

Please reassure me!!! icon_cry.gif

Cheers,

CHarlie

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Never heard of this happening before.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • chazuwechazuwe Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I guess if I have the certificate and can prove through the test centre that I passed it should be ok.

I have seen posts from people who have had no shows when they have passed and looks like they got sorted so hopefully it will be the same in this case....

Anyone else?
  • Mojo_666Mojo_666 Member Posts: 438
    Never heard of this either, I hope you get it sorted though.
  • za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Never heard of it but I don't think the stamped cert proved that you passed (it says so on it) I do hope it's just a mistake from their part.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The last thing on the score report states that it is a preliminary score report and MS reserves the right to make any changes to it that it wishes. I don't know why MS would make any changes unless it had caught you using a **** (How they'd catch you I don't know) or you were caught cheating on tape in the test center.
    Hopefully it's just a mistake and you can get it straightened out.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
    Well I can confirm that there was no cheating involved in passing this exam. Just hard graft and lots of study!

Prometric have referred this to their Reconciliations dept in the US to confirm the score and update my profile and Microsoft accordingly I hope!

I assume there must be an audit trail within the systems to confirm the result achieved.

Does sound like a rare incident! Will be much happier once it is sorted though.....
    chazuwe wrote: »
    Well I can confirm that there was no cheating involved in passing this exam. Just hard graft and lots of study!

Prometric have referred this to their Reconciliations dept in the US to confirm the score and update my profile and Microsoft accordingly I hope!

I assume there must be an audit trail within the systems to confirm the result achieved.

Does sound like a rare incident! Will be much happier once it is sorted though.....

Stuff happen I had two issues with Prometric one for my name and the other for MCP ID, first one is not solved yet and the second one is.

I hope your problem will be fixed very soon.
  • billyrbillyr Member Posts: 186
    This has happened at our centre on a few occasions, Microsoft are normally pretty good about it as long as you can send them a copy of your score report. Make sure the score report is stamped by the test centre.
    billyr wrote: »
    This has happened at our centre on a few occasions, Microsoft are normally pretty good about it as long as you can send them a copy of your score report. Make sure the score report is stamped by the test centre.

But is this a Microsoft of Prometric issue ? usually your result shows on Prometric site first so if it says failed then for sure it will says failed in MS as well isn't it ?

I think you should contact Prometric ?
  • billyrbillyr Member Posts: 186
    za3bour wrote: »
    But is this a Microsoft of Prometric issue ? usually your result shows on Prometric site first so if it says failed then for sure it will says failed in MS as well isn't it ?

I think you should contact Prometric ?

Looks like a Microsoft issue as his Prometric score report showed a pass. The results are uploaded daily from the test centres to the main servers at Prometric, then from there sent to Microsoft.
    billyr wrote: »
    Looks like a Microsoft issue as his Prometric score report showed a pass. The results are uploaded daily from the test centres to the main servers at Prometric, then from there sent to Microsoft.

I hope that he got this solved.
    Hi All,

Quick update for you all, prometic's reconciliations department have confirmed the pass and have updated their system accordingly. This has also fed through to Microsoft MCP site too.

Quite a relief it is all sorted out! icon_cheers.gif

Thanks all,

Charlie
    chazuwe wrote: »
    Hi All,

Quick update for you all, prometic's reconciliations department have confirmed the pass and have updated their system accordingly. This has also fed through to Microsoft MCP site too.

Quite a relief it is all sorted out! icon_cheers.gif

Thanks all,

Charlie

Congratulation that's good news, it must have been tough to wait the end result but it was obvious that you were confident of your success.

Hope that this never happen to any one , it's really frustrating.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    What was your score?

EDIT: Nevermind, I can't read...
    Decide what to be and go be it.