CCIE Practice questions

rakemrakem Member Posts: 800
Who/where is the best place to obtain legitimate CCIE (R&S) level practice questions?

I know the CCIE Self Study books comes with the CD, it would be good if you could focus on a particular subject, but i don't think you can with the CD.... So is there anything else?
CCIE# 38186
showroute.net

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • rakemrakem Member Posts: 800
    mikej412 wrote: »

SO they are different to the boson one that comes with the Cisco press book?
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    There was a post here on TE by someone from Boson who stated that they provide the test engine used in the Cisco Press Books, but not the questions.... hopefully someone can find the link (if we didn't delete it as vendor advertisement).
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    rakem wrote: »
    SO they are different to the boson one that comes with the Cisco press book?

The Odom practice tests that come with that book contain questions that you can attempt by subject. There is also a full exam on the CD.

The Boson test you buy has different questions. Using both is a good combination.
    Turgon wrote: »
    The Odom practice tests that come with that book contain questions that you can attempt by subject.

Where are these practice tests? on the CD using the Boson software? I have installed that but can't do questions by subject
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
    Where are these practice tests? on the CD using the Boson software? I have installed that but can't do questions by subject

In the second edition of Odom's official exam certfication guide the practice question CD allowed you to select the sections you wanted to be tested on.
  • jason_lundejason_lunde Member Posts: 567
    You can. Go to custom exam -->click modify settings-->category and keyword settings. There you can choose topics. HTH's
    That's how it works. Don't forget to read the book patiently though! Do the questions and the chapter reading one topic at a time.
    You can. Go to custom exam -->click modify settings-->category and keyword settings. There you can choose topics. HTH's

Is this with edition 4 of the book? Custom exam is greyed out for me.....
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • jason_lundejason_lunde Member Posts: 567
    Is this with edition 4 of the book? Custom exam is greyed out for me.....

Ya, mine works like that and I have the 4th edition...wonder whats up with that?
    Ya, mine works like that and I have the 4th edition...wonder whats up with that?

Dam. I'll give it another shot when i get home.
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net