Options

Considering 70-693 in a Couple of Weeks

ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
I think I need another MCITP. Client scheduling changes have left me with a couple of empty weeks this month so I think I will take a shot at the 693 before the end of August. For those of you who have taken it, what was your opinion of the exam? I trying to determine how much effort is needed and what I need to cover to see if it would practical to knock this one out in a few weeks.

I have already passed the following exams (among others), so I have a solid baseline:
652 - Hyper-V
403 - SCVMM
669 - Desktop Virtualization
656 - Desktop Optimization Pack
MCITP: EA

I still have the study materials from those exams, and of course all the material already posted on TE. Anything else I should consider?

Comments

• Options
    MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You should review Hyper-V and the 669 topics. Since you only have the 652, you may need to focus on Hyper-V on Server 2008 R2, and in particular using it in an enterprise environment (so clustering, shared storage, etc., basically the stuff covered on 659). Other than that, your existing study material should be enough.
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    I really need to get around to this one as well, since its the only one i lack for another MCITP.

I passed 652 with a 935 and I passed the 669 beta without even studying. I'd hope I'd have a fair shot at passing this one.
  • Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    Well, 693 won't be happening this month. Work is getting in the way and I would only be able to dedicate a week to this. Maybe I'll circle back around next month when the 652 starts to count for the VA.