Options

ASDM - Remote Access VPN Configuration

RS_MCPRS_MCP Member Posts: 352
Hi All,

I am trying to create a Remote Access VPN solution on an ASA 5505.

After running the Ipsec Remote Access VPN Wizard, I can see the profile has been created.

I am now trying to find out how I can remotely connect to the ASA using the VPN Client.

How can I create an PCF file?
If there is no PCF file, what are the main fields I need to enter in the VPN Client?

Comments

• Options
    QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    host, group name, group password. That's checking my VPN client.
  • Options
    burbankmarcburbankmarc Member Posts: 460
    RS_MCP wrote: »
    Hi All,

I am trying to create a Remote Access VPN solution on an ASA 5505.

After running the Ipsec Remote Access VPN Wizard, I can see the profile has been created.

I am now trying to find out how I can remotely connect to the ASA using the VPN Client.

How can I create an PCF file?
    If there is no PCF file, what are the main fields I need to enter in the VPN Client?

host - IP of ASA
    Group - tunnel-group name
    password - pre shared key of the tunnel group

The above is different if you're using certificates, but I just assumed you created a standard pre shared key.

From there the vpn client creates a pcf file located in the Cisco folder under Program Files. You can copy it from there.

Word to the wise, it's easy to break the password encryption on the PCF files.
  • Options
    kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
    If you need a PCF, once you've created the entry in the GUI you can grab it from C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\VPN Client\Profiles.

EDIT: burbankmarc beat me to it!
  • Options
    Thanks Guys, will give it a shot and let you know how I get on.

Much appreciated!
  • Options
    Hi Guys,

Good News, I enetered the correct connection details as you guys told me, I got the dialog box for entering the login credentials, bare in mind I created a local user account with privilege level 15... and when I enter the credentials, I get the following error message!

Any Ideas...?
  • Options
    ConstantlyLearningConstantlyLearning Member Posts: 445
    "There are 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't"
  • Options
    I finally managed to connect, the reason why I couldnt was because the option for the "Use Address Pool" in ASDM was not enabled.

Anyway, so I manage to connect to the ASA and recieve a DHCP address, however I also recieve an default gateway... LAN IP of the ASA.

Any reason why?

It breaks my Internet Connectivity completely as I have to IP Subnets then running on my PC which are my local and remote vpn.