VPN Commands

RS_MCPRS_MCP Member Posts: 352
Hi All,

Could someone please explain what the following commands mean?

vpn-idle-timeout 30
vpn-session-timeout 720

Thank you. :)

Comments

• QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    RS_MCP wrote: »
    Hi All,

Does anyone know how I can change the following command settings in ASDM?

vpn-idle-timeout 30
    vpn-session-timeout 720

I did a search for the first command in this document and it gives some info. Its an older version but maybe it's in the same place. Either way it should help you at least get started. HTH
    Selected ASDM VPN Configuration Procedures for the Cisco ASA 5500 Series, Version 5.2 - Configuring Group Policies [Cisco Adaptive Security Device Manager] - Cisco Systems
  • kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
    vpn-idle-timeout - Time in minutes that a VPN connection can be idle (no traffic) before it is terminated.
    vpn-session-timeout - Maximum time in minutes that a VPN connection can be established before it is terminated, doesn't matter if there is traffic or not.
  • RS_MCPRS_MCP Member Posts: 352
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    vpn-idle-timeout 30
    vpn-session-timeout 720

Configuration - Network Client Access - Group Policy - Open More Options
    3rd to last is the vpn session timeout
    2nd to last is the idle time out

This should be the same for 6.x+

Joe
  • ConstantlyLearningConstantlyLearning Member Posts: 445
    shednik wrote: »
    configuration - remote access vpn - network client access - group policy - open more options

:)

"There are 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't"
  • RS_MCPRS_MCP Member Posts: 352
    shednik wrote: »
    Configuration - Network Client Access - Group Policy - Open More Options
    3rd to last is the vpn session timeout
    2nd to last is the idle time out

This should be the same for 6.x+

Joe

As the Tunnels are IPSec Site-to-Site, I cant seem to find this option in "Site-to-Site VPN" however I can see it in Remote Access. Any ideas?
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    As the Tunnels are IPSec Site-to-Site, I cant seem to find this option in "Site-to-Site VPN" however I can see it in Remote Access. Any ideas?

You would only set the lifetimes of isakmp and ipsec, there is no idle timeout for a site to site, it only gets built when it receives interesting traffic.