Comments

• gunners009gunners009 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    plz tell me
    how to setup ASA
    and
    how to make 256mb flash

thanks
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Check the tutorials under the Security Track on the GNS3 Documentation web page.

blindhog.net also has some ASA or PEMU videos tutorials -- you can find the links in under the categories on the right side of the page of their site.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • JSKJSK Member Posts: 166
    All I can say is good luck. :)

I know that people have been able to get everything working. However I have struggled with getting the ASA to run with no problems.
    Update ... I finally got ASA version 8.02 working thanks to this post over at the GNS3 forums. GNS3 • super solution asa with qemu in gns3 on windows : General Issues Anyone else looking to set this up might find it useful.

Now I just need to keep hitting the books so that I can get through the IINS exam and start working on SNAF.
  • gouki2005gouki2005 Member Posts: 197
    JSK wrote: »
    Update ... I finally got ASA version 8.02 working thanks to this post over at the GNS3 forums. GNS3 • super solution asa with qemu in gns3 on windows : General Issues Anyone else looking to set this up might find it useful.

Now I just need to keep hitting the books so that I can get through the IINS exam and start working on SNAF.
    about the solution... you must use that topology or is optional??? you know to use the ASA and what iso are you using??
    gouki2005 wrote: »
    about the solution... you must use that topology or is optional??? you know to use the ASA and what iso are you using??

No, you don't have to use the same topology. I have a different topology. The only problem I have found so far is trying to get 2 ASAs running at the same time. When I drag the 2nd ASA into the topology it will start but only boot half way.

I am using version 8.02 for the ASA. We have a 5510 at work but nobody really wants to touch it. They are all Juniper guys. lol