Options

Passed Network + this morning

lockdnloadedlockdnloaded Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well I passedicon_cheers.gif with an 840. No network experience at all. The book I bought from sybex was just ok(I read it 4 times.....). It seemed to leave alot of important details out,(google is a life saver) but maybe the book wasn't aimed at a person with no experience. Anyways the Trancender study material I ordered with the voucher was way more detailed and got me through. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone that has put threads on here about the exam, there experience and the practice testicon_study.gif. They all helped a ton. Transcender questions were way harder than the exam and they made me study harder....... money well spent.

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the new cert! What's next?
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Thanks, looking at a Microsoft path, not sure which one yet. I'm going to get a book today though, headed to barnes and noble now.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    That is the same score I got last year, congrats on the pass!
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    ajmatsonajmatson Member Posts: 289
    Congrats on the pass. I just knocked it out last Friday as well. What's in your future? I am trying to kick out as many CompTIA certs before the switch to ones with expiration dates :)
    Working on currently:
    Masters Degree Information Security and Assurance (WGU) / Estimated 06/01/2016
    Next Up: CCNP Routing Exam | Certified Ethical Hacker Exam
    Cisco Lab: ASA 5506-X, GNS3, 1x 2801 Router, 1x 2650XM, 1x 3750-48TS-E switch, 2x 3550 EMI Switches and 1x 2950T swtich.
    Juniper Lab: 1x SRX100H2, 1x J2320 (1GB Flash/1GB RAM, JunOS 11.4R7.5), and 4 JunOS Firefly vSRX Routers in VMWare ESXi 5.1
  • Options
    Pretty sure I'm going done the mcse/mcitp path. Still deciding though. I have a lead on a volunteer gig, so I might get in there and see what opens up.
  • Options
    Unforg1venUnforg1ven Member Posts: 108
    nice job on the pass.... keep the fire alive and knock them down
    Next on Tap>> WGU B.S. IT - Network Administration
    MCSA:2008 Complete >> Capstone left!

####################################
    "One of God's own prototypes... too weird to live, too rare to die..."