Options

My new virtual home

DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
Security+ is down and I'm moving on. I started reading about PKI last night. I hope all of you like to answer questions because I am sure that I will have plenty of them. Hopefully I'll be able to answer a couple too icon_cheers.gif
Decide what to be and go be it.

Comments

• Options
    tbgree00tbgree00 Member Posts: 553 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the Sec+ pass. I think wedge's notes on this test were awesome so you should try to find those. I may have posted my experience in a few places but it wasn't too terrible.
    I finally started that blog - www.thomgreene.com
  • Options
    willhi1979willhi1979 Member Posts: 191
    Congrats on downing Sec+, I'm taking the Bridge Exam on Saturday. I started the 293 MS book and have gotten through Chapter 5. Some of it looks like review from 291. I'm going to start watching the CBTNuggets for what I've read and then start working through the new Chapters. Hopefully, I'll be ready for it next month. I'm sure I'll have some questions as well.
  • Options
    willhi1979 wrote: »
    Congrats on downing Sec+, I'm taking the Bridge Exam on Saturday. I started the 293 MS book and have gotten through Chapter 5. Some of it looks like review from 291. I'm going to start watching the CBTNuggets for what I've read and then start working through the new Chapters. Hopefully, I'll be ready for it next month. I'm sure I'll have some questions as well.

I also have the 293 book. I figured I should start PKI first. I'm also planning on the nuggets, but they are quite expensive and it will probably be a week or two before I go with them.
  • Options
    I'm not too far into this course yet, but so far my impression is that it is a glorified Network+. I'm spending all my time reviewing cable lengths / types and different network configurations (focusing mainly on star, although token ring has been mentioned).
  • Options
    willhi1979willhi1979 Member Posts: 191
    I'm on Chapter 8 now. Clustering didn't seem too bad, but I'll have to review it. I was surprised to see the network topologies in there.