Options

2500 series IOS questions...

NoodsNoods Member Posts: 168
Is the IOS the same for all 2500 series routers? (2500, 2501, 2513 etc.)

If so, what is the latest version? 12.2T? Where can I obtain it?

Comments

• Options
    johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    The latest version of IOS for the cisco 2500 series routers is 12.28, the image name is c2500-js-l.122-28a.bin. IOS isnt free, but can be used without paying for it for educational purposes only. There is a program called IOS hunter that will find tftp servers with IOS images on them, but unless you pay, it limits you to images 2 years older +. ALso there are a lot of incomplete images on it. Keep it eductaional. If you can get Ciscos CCO access via your company then you can go that route, thats how I get them. Otherwise you would need to pay for a sevice contract. Talk to your friends, if you are in the IT field im sure you can find someone who can hook you up. Anything version 12.1 (probably 12.0) and above will be sufficient for the CCNA.
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p
  • Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Latest version is actually 12.3

The 12.3 IOS I have is an IP Plus version, which I use with my 2514 to enable it as a DSL router.

My other 2500's have a 12.2 version that I use for my cert studies. It lets me configure IPX, which the 12.3 IP Plus doesn't support.
  • Options
    Z&KZ&K Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Netwurk wrote:
    Latest version is actually 12.3

The 12.3 IOS I have is an IP Plus version, which I use with my 2514 to enable it as a DSL router.

My other 2500's have a 12.2 version that I use for my cert studies. It lets me configure IPX, which the 12.3 IP Plus doesn't support.

Hi, could you please share your config of your 2514 for DSL? I am trying to make it work but for some reason the router is not seeing DSL on Ethernet 0.