CCVP track - Help please

auosauos Member Posts: 186
Hi Guys,
I will plane to get my CCVP certification, but I confused about CCVP track, should I do CCNA-Voice exam (640-460) before moving to CCVP track or I taking CVOICE (642-436) and that exam give me the CCNA-Voice certification also.

Comments

• peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    auos wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    I will plane to get my CCVP certification, but I confused about CCVP track, should I do CCNA-Voice exam (640-460) before moving to CCVP track or I taking CVOICE (642-436) and that exam give me the CCNA-Voice certification also.

Just couldn't wait to start the next exam could you?!?!?! icon_smile.gif It is my understanding that the CVOICE would give you the CCNA:Voice (Enterprise) and put you one test closer to the CCVP. Someone else with a definite answer could chime in on this one... Either way... good luck.

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    If you're a total noob to Voice and IP Telephony, then the 640-460 IIUC for the CCNA:Voice Certification may be less of a shock than jumping straight into the CVOICE exam (which Cisco decided later to also give you the CCNA:Voice certification for icon_rolleyes.gif if you're doing the "enterprise" track icon_scratch.gif -- which is just a fancy name for the CCVP).

If you have some Voice knowledge or experience -- or just like a challenge -- then you can skip the 640-460 IIUC which covers the UC500 series voice solution for small companies and branch office use.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • auosauos Member Posts: 186
    mikej412 wrote: »
    If you're a total noob to Voice and IP Telephony, then the 640-460 IIUC for the CCNA:Voice Certification may be less of a shock than jumping straight into the CVOICE exam (which Cisco decided later to also give you the CCNA:Voice certification for icon_rolleyes.gif if you're doing the "enterprise" track icon_scratch.gif -- which is just a fancy name for the CCVP).

If you have some Voice knowledge or experience -- or just like a challenge -- then you can skip the 640-460 IIUC which covers the UC500 series voice solution for small companies and branch office use.

Marvelous
  • mikeinhovemikeinhove Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Guys, love this forum, now i need some advice, so here goes:

I have passed in this order:

640-821 CCENT
    640-811 CCNA Routing & Switching
    640-460 CCNA Voice

I now want to go on the CCVP track.
    Do i also need to pass 642-436 to obtain my full CCVP? That will make five more exams to take. Is that correct?

642-436 CVOICE (this is for large Corporate Business, Yes?)
    642-446 CIPT1
    642-456 CIPT2
    642-642 QoS
    642-426 TUC

Thank you in advance, i really appreciate any help:D

Mike
    mikeinhove wrote: »
    Do i also need to pass 642-436 to obtain my full CCVP? That will make five more exams to take. Is that correct?
    Yes, you still need the CVOICE exam for the CCVP.
  • jillyajillya Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    mikeinhove wrote: »
    Hi Guys, love this forum, now i need some advice, so here goes:

I have passed in this order:

640-821 CCENT
    640-811 CCNA Routing & Switching
    640-460 CCNA Voice

I now want to go on the CCVP track.

642-436 CVOICE (this is for large Corporate Business, Yes?)
    642-446 CIPT1
    642-456 CIPT2
    642-642 QoS
    642-426 TUC

Thank you in advance, i really appreciate any help:D

Mike

Yes you still have 5 exams to go. I have 3 to go

passed the CCNA Voice exam today. I used CBT Nuggets and the Cisco Press CCNA Voice book, After you've read the book, go thru the questions in the book and review those nuggets where you're weak and you should do fine. I have a question and hopefully someone out there knows the answer. I'm going for my CCVP, but I took a 2 year break(Long Story) now some exams have expired and i'm not sure where I stand in order to obtain CCVP. I've passed the following exams
    CCNA Voice
    CIPT 444
    QOS
    CVOICE 432
    So my guess is that I will have to take TUC and CVOICE 436 but I'm just wondering if anyone knows for sure. I found out the only my QOS and CVOICE exam count towards CCVP.
    jillya wrote: »
    So my guess is that I will have to take TUC and CVOICE 436 but I'm just wondering if anyone knows for sure. I found out the only my QOS and CVOICE exam count towards CCVP.
    You've got the CCNA:Voice prerequisite....

Hum.... New CCVP certification paths
    if customers passed both the Cisco Voice Gateways and Gatekeepers (GWGK) and Cisco IP Telephony 4.1 (CIPT 4.1) exams by December 31st, 2009, they can use these exams instead of CIPT1 6.0 and CIPT2 6.0 on the CCVP path. If they only passed one of these exams, they will need to take CITP1 and CIPT2 as well as the rest of the exams on the CCVP paths.
    Looks like you need CIPT1 and CIPT2 and TUC.

The old CVOICE 5.0 version may still count, but you'll be missing some of the gateway/gatekeeper information that made it into the CVOICE 6.0 version. But some of the gateway/gatekeeper skills also made it into one or both of the new CIPT exams, so you'll have a chance to "back fill" some of that knowledge as you trip over some of the things studying for the CallManager exams seem to assume you already should know.

If you've confirmed that the "old CVOICE" still counts for the updated CCVP, then the only other thing you'd be worrying about is finishing up CIPT1, CIPT2, and TUC before your CVOICE and QOS hit their 3 year expiration mark.