Cant start my new job!

wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
I am in the military however have been looking at jobs. My trade (CIS Technician) is downscaling, so I asked my boss how quickly I could get out, he said with a firm job offer 4 weeks (normally 6 months time) so I applied for a couple of jobs and got offered them both. When I apporached work they said no sorry you will have to wait the full 6 months.
Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.


  • forged_by_hatredforged_by_hatred Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Go AWOL :D
    The principle goal of education is to create men who are capable of doing new things, not simply of repeating what other generations have done - men who are creative, inventive and discoverers --- Jean Piaget
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Go over his head. Go right to your CO, find out why. (don't go awol, I had a friend who spent 6 months in Leavenworth for that crap, he said it was no vacation....)
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    Im in the British military, Its the CO I have spoken to, I have spoken to PMA(not sure what it stands for but they deal with all personel issues) and they said they dont have a problem however the CO said that circumstances have changed and every man is needed. We now have more people than ever and are actaully over manned hes just going back on what he said before, he said we have to make an example of you! if I let you go everyone will want out! so my an excellent job down the drain cos he lied!
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • jmc724jmc724 Member Posts: 415
    Dont go awol, tell the prospective employer of the situation and give them a letter explaining why you cant accept the job offer. Six months isnt too long. Just do your time and when you have 1 month left, start looking for job.

    In that way, you have an honorable dishcarge, your military record looks impressive, you add more time for your skills, and then you can find a new job without delay.
    What next?
  • jacev1jacev1 Member Posts: 107
    Next training with live ammo, Shoot his ass! ( by accident of course.. icon_rolleyes.gif )
    you can do like jmc724 said and write a letter explaining why you can't take the job now and ask if you can work something out with them. Maybe they can wait a few months for you.

    If they can't, just shoot the bastard for lying!.... icon_twisted.gif
    Wars not make one great. Coffee makes one Great!
    - Master Yoda
  • wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    Nope they cant wait, oh well, its so annoying, my Boss, his Boss and his boss all want to help me get out, but the Wing Commander (my unit CO) says No he will make me wait 6 months and 1 day and told me he will mess me around as much as he can, his last words were its warm in Iraq this time of year! so have you reconsidered trying to leave? - what a $%$££"%$£%£$%£$%£$
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
Sign In or Register to comment.