Differences between PK0-002 and PK0-003

veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
Is there that big of a difference? WGU is switching over to the new test version for next semester. I was almost finished with reading the old Sybex book and now I'm wondering if I should by the new version.

Comments

• DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The thing I noticed right off the bat was the passing score. 499 compared to 710 is quite the difference. Also there are 20 more questions on the newer version.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    Is there that big of a difference? WGU is switching over to the new test version for next semester. I was almost finished with reading the old Sybex book and now I'm wondering if I should by the new version.

thanks fo rhte heads up do you know exactly when they plan to change it over because i think i can get it in i have like 6 weeks left in my term
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    thanks fo rhte heads up do you know exactly when they plan to change it over because i think i can get it in i have like 6 weeks left in my term

I believe if your semester starts next month than that is when they are switching it over.
    I believe if your semester starts next month than that is when they are switching it over.

yea just called the 30th is the last day before switch over... i guess ill have to take the new objectives

btw you can go to the compita website and get all the updated info about the tests

http://www.comptia.org/Libraries/Exam_Objectives/Project_2009.sflb.ashx
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Anyone else think this is possibly the most dry exam ever? icon_lol.gif

It's killing me to just read one chapter, and I have to skim over it a second time to wake my brain up.

Question: Do you need to memorize the mathematical equations, or is it enough to grasp the concepts?
    im not sure how ever ill have to take it soon and ill let ya know but im gonna head to the book store and find a better book than the one wgu sent me
  • Alif_Sadida_EkinAlif_Sadida_Ekin Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I agree. This is probably the most boring certification I've ever studied for. The book that WGU sent is horrendous. I've noticed that it doesn't do a very good job at explaining terms. It just usually says that a certain aspect of a project is important and why it's important, but it doesn't really define exactly what that aspect is.... I dunno, maybe it does but I can't tell. I've never read a study guide this terrible before. I wonder if the sybex book is better.
    AWS: Solutions Architect Associate, MCSA, MCTS, CIW Professional, A+, Network+, Security+, Project+

BS, Information Technology
  • steve13adsteve13ad Member Posts: 398 ■■■■□□□□□□

It's killing me to just read one chapter, and I have to skim over it a second time to wake my brain up.

Question: Do you need to memorize the mathematical equations, or is it enough to grasp the concepts?

On the beta, you needed to know that equations.
  • TheMechanicTheMechanic Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Crap, I'm about to tackle this but sounds real lame. Ugh my pokemon OCD disorder is uncool. I just want Linux and project to wrap up comptia >_>•<
    Needs 100K
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The Sybex study guide for PK0-003 is on Books 24x7. (ISBN: 0470585927). It's also on Kindle too, but I think I'm gonna go the "free" route when I take this class.

I have been part of many implementations and upgrades where project managers have used such wonderful terms as scope, fit-gap analysis (doesn't seem to be mentioned in Project+ but I suspect it's called something else...this is when you are getting requirements from users in the beginning of the project and if there are gaps to address them), and all of that.

I do not think I'll take this this term...at least not without reading the guide first (that I'll do prior to scheduling the course so that when I get it I can get a voucher immediately from WGU... :) )
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□

There are only a few simple equations that might be on the test so it'd be best just to learn them.
    That was possibly the hardest test to study for ever for me as the book is crap.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.