Need Information on Microsoft Certification

ratneshnagoriratneshnagori Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

I am quite interested in MS Developer Certifications.

But the thing is that I don't know anything about MS Certs like which one to take first, which books to follow etc. I am interested in .NET Windows Applications and Web Applications Certs.

I will really appreciate if someone can help me out with detailed info regarding the certifications. Please also provide info about which books to follow and how to prepare for the exam.

A lot of Thanks in advance

Regards
Ratnesh
Ratnesh

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    There's already quite a bit of that information in the postings here in this forum. Have you read through the Visual Studio certification information on Microsoft's Web site?

Microsoft Learning: Microsoft Visual Studio Certification

You will basically need to decide if you will go for the Visual Studio 2005 (.NET 2.0) or 2008 (.NET 3.5) certification track. The first exam you should pass is 70-536, as it is required for both MCTS and MCPD certifications. From there you can go desktop application developer, distributed applications developer, Web developer, etc.
  • ratneshnagoriratneshnagori Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi JDMurray,

Thanks for the quick response.
    I understood that first I have to clear 70-536 then I can go for specialization certs according to my interest

Could you please provide info about which book should I follow for 70-536 ?

Regards
    Ratnesh
    Ratnesh
    The MCTS Self-paced Training Kits are the most recommended. However, there is no single book that contains all of the information you will need to study for any of the MS exams. The MS developer exams assume that you have at least two years of .NET programming experience and will already know some of the material. You will need to check each topic in the 70-536 objectives list and see what you personally need to study and find study materials accordingly.
  • invader_tvrinvader_tvr Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks for the idea....
  • WilliamNormanWilliamNorman Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I also am studying for the 70-536 right now. I have the Microsoft press 70-536 volume 2 book. I was also thinking about ordering videos from this website. Black Bear IT - .NET Framework Foundation Online Course for MCTS 70-536 Has anyone heard of them before. The company is BlackBear IT.

Thanks
    Bachelors of Science in Computer Science - University Of Houston (Downtown)
    Nope, never heard of the UK company or the course. Their last posted customer testimonial is nearly two years old, so I hope their course covers the most recent exam material. Please post a review if you buy it.
  • WilliamNormanWilliamNorman Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Do you know of any company like this that does similar training on line or on dvd that you would recommend.

Thanks
    Bachelors of Science in Computer Science - University Of Houston (Downtown)
    Do you know of any company like this that does similar training on line or on dvd that you would recommend.
    Nothing off-hand that I would recommend. PrepLogic has Mega-Guides for .NET 2.0, but no actual training that I can find. Any nothing from TrainSignal and Lynda.com either. Check the Microsoft's Training Catalog for suggestions.
  • devilonlinedevilonline Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    im trying to get Microsoft Developers Certifications but i dont know in witch framework i should invest 2.0 3.5 or 4?

thanks
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    im trying to get Microsoft Developers Certifications but i dont know in witch framework i should invest 2.0 3.5 or 4?

thanks

Well if you go to 4 there are only 4 exams. Enterprise developer is no more sort of like MCSE ended with server 2003. Going forward there is only MCPD Windows Developer 4 and MCPD Web developer 4. The ADO and communications stuff is common to both of them.

Then following Apple's path there is Win-phone 7 which they are starting to give free seminars for. I have several emails wanting me to sign up for a 9am to 9pm bring your own laptop workshop for this Saturday. Unfortunately I can't go due to other commitments. They always have nice freebies at those events.

As J.D. mentioned Microsoft is famous for dropping older frameworks in favor of their great idea of the day. Now what will the job market ask for?? Who knows but the consulting firms are already throwing 4.0 into their job ad's.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • devilonlinedevilonline Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    what do advise regarding the work market

thanks
  • timmychandytimmychandy Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi

I went for MCPD certification bootcamp in CED solutions recently... They scheduled all the exams and training efficienctly and i was out with the MCPD certification in a Week. Their training schedule and everything else was well arranged. The trainng was pretty intense..

i recommed attanding one of those bootcamps to anyone who wants to get MS Certifications and dont want to spends months on training.

Tim

Hi Guys,

I am quite interested in MS Developer Certifications.

But the thing is that I don't know anything about MS Certs like which one to take first, which books to follow etc. I am interested in .NET Windows Applications and Web Applications Certs.

I will really appreciate if someone can help me out with detailed info regarding the certifications. Please also provide info about which books to follow and how to prepare for the exam.

A lot of Thanks in advance

Regards
    Ratnesh