Start JNCIE study now or wait until OCT

IOS2JUNOSIOS2JUNOS Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
when the new test(s) are revealed and see what the new stuff is..? what if everything is changed in the new JNCIE-SP?

thoughts??

Comments

• AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    This would be a tough decision to make. From a learning standpoint studying the new material would be preferable, it's what's relevant in the market today and it's what will help you out the most.

The only thing that comes to mind as a positive for doing it now would be the different equipment that would be used. From what it looks like right now olives will not be as useful as they have been in the past. You should be able to use olives to study for most of the SP exam but not all of it.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • zrchengzrcheng Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think it might be better to do it now since Olive can do most of the preparation.
  • hoogen82hoogen82 Member Posts: 272
    I would agree with zrcheng... plus you have your JNCIP already... And you still have till December...
    IS-IS Sleeps.
    BGP peers are quiet.
    Something must be wrong.
  • IOS2JUNOSIOS2JUNOS Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    hoogen82 wrote: »
    I would agree with zrcheng... plus you have your JNCIP already... And you still have till December...

oh i thought this was changing in OCT...?

BTW-i do have the actual gear 3 J-series and 2 M7i's and few ex-4200...

thanks
    IOS2JUNOS wrote: »
    oh i thought this was changing in OCT...?

BTW-i do have the actual gear 3 J-series and 2 M7i's and few ex-4200...

thanks

I thought it was changing in OCT as well. Got some inside info Hoogen?

Nice setup you got there, it should cover most of the SP exams. The other thing that you might need to look into is an MX router. There is a heavy portion in the SP that will cover MX functionality.

-Bender
  • hoogen82hoogen82 Member Posts: 272
    If you would check the exam registration page, you can still register for some dates in Sunnyvale in November for JNCIE-M... Also I was speaking to a couple of guys there has to be beta exam before the actual exams start... And I haven't heard of any Beta exams yet... So I would safely assume since some dates for JNCIE-M point to December in Amsterdam... We would still have these exams. Again I did read that it would take 12 months to replace all these exams... So I am sure there is time...
    IS-IS Sleeps.
    BGP peers are quiet.
    Something must be wrong.
    Very good point and I can echo what you heard. The JNCIS-SP exam will be ready by OCT but the actually lab exam(s) aren't ready so it's safe to assume that it's a bit off.

That makes it somewhat of a safe bet to go for the current JNCIE-M for the people who are close.

-Bender
  • IOS2JUNOSIOS2JUNOS Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Cool..I'll get after it..thanks fellas