passed linux+ exam today

ablissabliss Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed the linux+ exam today :) , I took the exam with updated 2005 domains as I wanted to get the most use out of my study time; I used the Linux+ 2005 In Depth by Eckert and Schitka to study, studied for about a month or so; was a very fair, well rounded test;

Comments

• wickedkin6s44wickedkin6s44 Member Posts: 29 ■■□□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS ON THE PASS

:)
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
    WHAT ELSE DID YOU USE TO STUDY FOR THE EXAM I PLAN ON TAKING THE TEST TOO BUT HAVEN'T DECIDED WHEN AND IF I'M JUST READY FOR IT YET.

PLEASE EMAIL ME ANY STUDY MATERIALS OR POINTERS YOU MAY HAVE THANKS AGAIN

wickedkin6s44@gmail.com
  • reloadedreloaded Member Posts: 235
    You like yelling Wickedkin6s44? icon_cool.gif

Congrats on the pass btw!
    Reloaded~4~Ever
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats dood icon_thumright.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • ablissabliss Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used the book listed in previous post; exam tips, just study the book; every time I picked up the book, I would write down things that I probably wouldn't remember; after going through the book several times, nootbook was almost full; next I just start reviewing the notebook, over and over again; I was considering taking on the lpi tests, however there doesn't seem to be any good material to study from, as such I'm planning on taking on the red hat tests...what do you guys think?
  • bandywaybandyway Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Boy your so good & lucky Congrats, we in Nigeria find materials so hard to get, wish you luck in furture exams.
  • shadown7shadown7 Member Posts: 529
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the new cert! :D
  • luCiDluCiD Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    abliss wrote:
    I'm planning on taking on the red hat tests...what do you guys think?

The RedHat tests are performance based, and of course, product specific, so I would suggest buying RedHat Enterprise Linux or at least download Fedora Core. From what I understand RHCE will be significantly more challenging then Linux+. RHCE is the most recognized linux cert so I say that's a good direction to take.
  • narynetnarynet Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    abliss wrote:
    I passed the linux+ exam today :) , I took the exam with updated 2005 domains as I wanted to get the most use out of my study time; I used the Linux+ 2005 In Depth by Eckert and Schitka to study, studied for about a month or so; was a very fair, well rounded test;
  • dissolveddissolved Inactive Imported Users Posts: 228
    luCiD wrote:
    abliss wrote:
    I'm planning on taking on the red hat tests...what do you guys think?

The RedHat tests are performance based, and of course, product specific, so I would suggest buying RedHat Enterprise Linux or at least download Fedora Core. From what I understand RHCE will be significantly more challenging then Linux+. RHCE is the most recognized linux cert so I say that's a good direction to take.

The RHCE is also major $$$$$$$$