ITIL Intermediate Certification Question

justanotherdayjustanotherday Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have read that anyone can take online training or CBT and not necessarily have to attend a physical training class in order to qualify for one of the Intermediate exams as long as the person is already ITIL Foundations certified and online class/CBT is provided by a organization that is accredited (Loyalist,EXIN etc.) is this true?

Is their anything else needed? Would the person (me) have to provide proof of purchase of the material when submitting for the ITIL Intermediate certification?

Comments

• Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi there

Yes, you're correct about online training now being an option for ITIL certification. You will need to check carefully that the company you choose is accredited, but the ITIL syllabi now mandate 'contact hours' rather than classroom time.

Online training isn't for everyone, the pros are it's often much cheaper than classroom, and it gives you much more time to absorb and work with the material. Cons are you have to be disciplined to get it done!

Any accredited online provider will give you some kind of certificate to verify you have completed the course, which you will need to register for the exam.

Some of the major players in the market are:

ITIL Training Zone (disclosure - my company)
    ITSM Solutions
    Art of Service
    Mountain View

kind regards

Claire
  • ITILTRAINITILTRAIN Banned Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Clair's response is spot on.

The online programs also come in different flavors as well (voice over powerpoint, professionally produced instructor led video's etc).

It would be worth the time to get sample of each to see what works best for you. It would also be a good isea to speak to references to get some pointers on how they diciplined themselves to complete the program. I also believe that some vendors provide a monitoring and reporting service to keep students on track.

Best of Luck

I have read that anyone can take online training or CBT and not necessarily have to attend a physical training class in order to qualify for one of the Intermediate exams as long as the person is already ITIL Foundations certified and online class/CBT is provided by a organization that is accredited (Loyalist,EXIN etc.) is this true?

Is their anything else needed? Would the person (me) have to provide proof of purchase of the material when submitting for the ITIL Intermediate certification?
  • justanotherdayjustanotherday Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for answering my question. :D