Cisco's very own practice exams

jjbrogjjbrog Member Posts: 149
Started a forum for networking students, its new and needs people!
http://netadminstudents.zxq.net/phpBB3/
HTC students encouraged to join :)

Comments

• jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Sweet. I thought it would be expensive though and at 79.99, its one of the last things that I could get right now. I think it'll be very helpful for the people who are new the tests that cisco have. I hope it's better than the boson exams that come with the Odom library set.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • jjbrogjjbrog Member Posts: 149
    Yeah I just got the books that come with those tests but I haven't checked em out yet though, but I would imagine its better since the questions and setup are suppose to be writen by the same people who wrote the real exam.
    Started a forum for networking students, its new and needs people!
    http://netadminstudents.zxq.net/phpBB3/
    HTC students encouraged to join :)
  • tha_dubtha_dub Member Posts: 262
    All I want to know is why they don't come with the, "official" certification guides?
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    tha_dub wrote: »
    All I want to know is why they don't come with the, "official" certification guides?
    This only came out at the end of July.
  • jovan88jovan88 Member Posts: 393
    looks good, I wonder if they have similar packages for the other certs
  • spartangtrspartangtr Member Posts: 111

My 2 cents on the exams that come with the odom books are they are great, why would you need anythign else? His practice exams are harder than the CCNA exam itself.
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Created by Cisco experts

As in created by Cisco employees?
    spartangtr wrote: »
    My 2 cents on the exams that come with the odom books are they are great, why would you need anythign else? His practice exams are harder than the CCNA exam itself.
    The exams that come with the Odom books are ones by Boson not Odom himself.
  • JaCkNiFeJaCkNiFe Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    tiersten wrote: »
    The exams that come with the Odom books are ones by Boson not Odom himself.

Actually Odom (and Cisco press) did write the practice exams that came with the book(s). I submitted two corrections for the ICND2 'Simulation 1' and 'Simulation 2' and Bosom sent me this.
    Bosom wrote:
    Thank you for using the Boson Support forum. Your feedback has been logged in the Boson Support Forum because you are the owner of a Cisco Press product that uses the Boson Exam Environment (BEE) for content delivery. Please be aware that all Cisco Press practice exam content is created and maintained by Cisco Press. Any issues involving Cisco Press content can only be addressed by Cisco Press.

Shortly after I received this.
    Mr. Odom wrote:
    Hello,
    Wendell Odom here, author of the ICND2 Exam Cert Guide. You wrote in yesterday about a possible problem with questions ICND2-SIM-1 and ICND2-SIM-2. You are indeed correct, the Sim is not accepting the correct answer as correct. We're posting this and a few other Sim-related problems to our Sim vendor today. The answer listed as "correct" in the explanation text is indeed correct in both cases. Our apologies for the problem.
    Regards,
    Wendell Odom
    Lab on!
    JaCkNiFe wrote: »
    Actually Odom (and Cisco press) did write the practice exams that came with the book(s). I submitted two corrections for the ICND2 'Simulation 1' and 'Simulation 2' and Bosom sent me this.
    Ah interesting. I thought the practise test included was just part of their regular test engine product. Didn't know that it was actually specific to that book and written by Odom himself.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    tiersten wrote: »
    I thought the practise test included was just part of their regular test engine product.
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/52229-boson-exam-software-some-questions.html#post393438
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□

Because the official certification guides come from Cisco Press, which is not actually a part of Cisco, despite it's name.
    alan2308 wrote: »
    Because the official certification guides come from Cisco Press, which is not actually a part of Cisco, despite it's name.
    Cisco Press is a publishing alliance between Cisco Systems® (NASDAQ: CSCO) and the Pearson Education division of Pearson plc (NYSE: PSO).
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    phoeneous wrote: »
    As in created by Cisco employees?

Same question.