Revenge is a B***H!

snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
I get to finally say it, I passed 294 icon_cheers.gif

Score: 723. Alot on GPO (duh!), couple sims etc...As cliche as may sound, I have a better understanding of why people say "a pass is a pass" :D

Facility: Much Better than the last one , but its not my favorite. The test administrator showed up about 3 minutes before my scheduled time, and there was another dude who had a time about 20 minutes before me. Nice monitors, nice PCs only one 'freeze' that was fine in a few minutes. The test area, however, was cramped at best. Chairs and desk were comfy though, surprisingly.

Experience: STUDY, lab things up, have multiple sources of study material; you know, the usual. CAREFULLY READ the questions. I had to double-take a couple and I think it saved me. Focus your energy on sites and GPO. But be aware of the other objectives, because they WILL Ask about them. Having taken it twice now, the question balance was about the same. This was also the fist test I took with only seconds to spare. I wasnt taking any damn chances again! I reviewed all the marked questions, reviewed the ones I still wasn't comfortable with and so on. Oh Yea, another weird thing. I finished my test, and it said I had like 8 questions that were incomplete/unanswered. I dont know how I skipped all those, but I went back and answered them. So I guess what I am trying to say is the "Review Period" is your friend.

Overall: I am SO HAPPY I am done with this one. Having failed this one in September, I felt I had to avenge my September fail, and knock this one out. My business and personal life were SO hectic then, I look back and wonder what I was thinking about taking it. This time, I literally started from square one and rebuilt the foundation of this exam. 298 is all that stands in my way for the MCSE. Now I need to figure out my study material for the next go round. I heard that the 298 is notoriously bad, so I might go Sybex. Dunno yet.

Thanks to TE as usual and its members for their notes, and especially royal's sticky.
**** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security

Comments

• kenny831kenny831 Member Posts: 266
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nice job, buddy! You've earned yourself a few round of drinks on me icon_lol.gif

I'll give my usual advice for anyone taking 298. Use MS Press and Transcender for 299 and sit them both at the same time. It's the same material, just in a different format. Get that S! icon_cool.gif
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nice work!!! That is a tough test. Definitely do the 299 and 298 at the same time. the MS book for 299 is good and concise, hit up technet for any gaps. Between the 293 and 299 books you should be good to go.
  • Super99Super99 Member Posts: 274
    Awsome. I'm happy you passed. You're actually giving me some hope for this exam. I'm studying for it and its going to be a tuff test. I hear from everyone that its heavy on GPOs so I'm going to focus a lot of time to GPOs.
    Thanks for the tip.
  • mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Don't it just feel gooood? Congrats, 294 was the peak; the rest is downhill.
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks all!

Yea, I plan to do the 298/299 route. I already ordered my MSPress for 299 and have 298 transcender ready.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

• undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Was that the test center down by me? I found out that they had moved after I gave them the glowing recommendation. The place isn't as good now, it used to be a whole lot better with plenty of space and a nice setup.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
    undomiel wrote: »
    Was that the test center down by me? I found out that they had moved after I gave them the glowing recommendation. The place isn't as good now, it used to be a whole lot better with plenty of space and a nice setup.

Yea, it was Dr Geeks. Where did they move from? I will probably go there again, but I don't know about Saturdays. They are closed for regular business on weekends, so I had to wait in my truck until the lady showed up.

• MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good job!!

icon_sad.gif I've failed twice, both times with scores like 660 and 685.

I'm taking the 298 this Friday then taking the 294 AGAIN next Friday.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Congrats Snadam! Now hurry up and knock out that MCSE so you start studying something new icon_smile.gif

Good luck with 298/299. I did the 297 (mainly because I hate myself) and I definitely recommend steering clear of the 297. icon_wink.gif
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
    Mishra wrote: »
    Good job!!

icon_sad.gif I've failed twice, both times with scores like 660 and 685.

I'm taking the 298 this Friday then taking the 294 AGAIN next Friday.

It was pretty disheartening to fail just once. So cheers to you, and good luck on BOTH your exams in the coming weeks.

Congrats Snadam! Now hurry up and knock out that MCSE so you start studying something new icon_smile.gif

Good luck with 298/299. I did the 297 (mainly because I hate myself) and I definitely recommend steering clear of the 297. icon_wink.gif

I was leaning towards the 2008 upgrade path. I'd be the lone guy at my work for that (actually I think even for the MCSE as well).

I will just go ahead and avoid 297 then :D

• MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    snadam wrote: »
    It was pretty disheartening to fail just once. So cheers to you, and good luck on BOTH your exams in the coming weeks.

I was leaning towards the 2008 upgrade path. I'd be the lone guy at my work for that (actually I think even for the MCSE as well).

I will just go ahead and avoid 297 then :D

Thanks! I passed the 298, woot! You weren't ahead of me for too long. ;)
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
    Mishra wrote: »
    Thanks! I passed the 298, woot! You weren't ahead of me for too long. ;)

CONGRATS!!! To be honest, I forgot we were racing. I was in pit lane for so long :D

• motogpmanmotogpman Member Posts: 412
    Congrats! Looks like I need to get on the ball.
    -WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!
  • BulletzBulletz Member Posts: 159
    CONGRATS!!! Snadam to me thats a good score thats exam i heared is bad am studying for it now and please feed me with materials, anyway you gave me a lots of hope on this one, to me now am left with 2 big beasts.
    Show me the way to go 127.0.0.1
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Way to go!
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Why did you bump this thread? You made me think that slacker finally got his MCSE...

Shame on me. It's only been six months; I should know better ;)
  • kahnkahn Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□