Options

Win XP & verifier.exe

Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
Does anyone have any experience using the verifier.exe utility?

I'm troubleshooting a Stop Error and was suspecting bad memory until I read on M$ KB and it suggested it is a device driver and I should use the verifier.exe tool. After I made the settings in verifier.exe gui and restarted my system, everything seem to load normal (of course slow due to the utility) except Norton Ghost 9.0. Apparently there is a compatibility problem with Ghost 9.0 and XP SP2 and is addressed by Symantec. Hopefully their corrective action will resolve my sporatic BSOD but I am just wondering if anyone else has used this utility on a regular basis as it seems to be another to add to the tool bag.

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I just tried that verifier.exe, and it sucked. After restart, it crash rebooted itself, then did a forever long disc check, and then another crash, and finally it's back. I don't think I'm using that again. I have Xp Sp1.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    sorry you had such trouble with it. from what i read on M$, this tool checks the integrity of your drivers (Software and Hardware) and makes sure they are functioning like they aer supposed to. It does take a while for the system to fully load with this running.

Usually I don't get to use tools like these as if a software issue arises then we generally will re-image the machine and go on.

Did you delete the settings in verifier.exe to stop it from running?
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Not sure if it ever really got started. It crashed before it loaded.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    you would be able to tell if it did by how slow EVERYTHING runs.