70-662 -- Train Signal or CBT Nuggets

Has anyone used the Train Signal or CBT Nuggets for the 70-662 course?

If so which did you prefer? I see the MS book is not due out until October and though I would get one of these courses in the meantime while waiting for the book and working on my MCITP: EA track.

Thanks.
VCAP-DCA, VCP 55
MCITP: EA, VA, SA
VCAP-DCD, VCP6 -- COMING SOON

Comments

• ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have Train Signal and like it, but it is going to be a while before I take the exam. I think the CBT Nuggets one just came out. Train Signal at 20 hours vs CBT Nuggets at 7 hours would be a little be of a concern for me.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • CChilderhoseCChilderhose Member Posts: 137
    ajs1976 wrote: »
    I have Train Signal and like it, but it is going to be a while before I take the exam. I think the CBT Nuggets one just came out. Train Signal at 20 hours vs CBT Nuggets at 7 hours would be a little be of a concern for me.

Yeah I was checking out lengths, etc. of videos and I don't think you can cover it in 7 hours and would rather watch in depth for 20 hours. :)

I think I will check out the Train Signal one as it comes with Transcender too which I use all the time for my exams. icon_thumright.gif

Thanks for the feedback.
    VCAP-DCA, VCP 55
  • ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    I passed the exam in January not long after it went live and all I needed was the Exchange 2010 Administrator's Pocket Consultant. The chapters tracked the exam objectives well and I didn't think the exam was difficult at all. Granted, the pocket consultant won't have labs or come with a practice exam, but it's cheaper and available now.
  • pityrpityr Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How much previous Exchange experience did you have? Im an Enterprise Exchange 07 admin but have been dealing with Exchange for 10 years now. I want to take the exam but am a bit OCD and like to really make sure I'm ready. I have the official MS course texts but they are pretty basic.
  • ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    I have been working with Exchange for 7 years, including consulting for about the last two. I was also certified in 2003 and 2007 so I really just had to review the new features.
  • CChilderhoseCChilderhose Member Posts: 137
    I am certified in Exchange 2003 and used it extensively but never seen much of 2007.

I ordered the Train Signal 2010 training and it is pretty good. I will be reviewing that and the study book when it comes out from MS plus a couple other books.
    VCAP-DCA, VCP 55
  • pityrpityr Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took the course at a local IT training center and have the official MS course materials. The class was lame though, not due to the instructor or facilities. Its geared toward those that have no exposure to Exchange. I learned very little new information and felt that I could have taught most of the class.

Im working through the admin pocket consultant now. Once Im done with that I may take a few practice exams but I think that will be enough.
  • tenroutenrou Member Posts: 108
    I can't say about how much it's affected the exam as I'm not taking 662 and 663 until next week but if you know 2007 then there is quite a bit of overlap.

Although having said that I was really impressed with the Train Signal 2010 videos when someone at work got them, they're really in-depth and cover everything that I've needed to use.