What do you wear to work?

Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
For all of you in the IT field already, what do you wear to work? are you suit and tie? uniform? t-shirt? polo shirt and tan pants?
Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Jeans and polo with casual Fridays being mostly whatever you want. You can get away with a t-shirt during the week also as long as its presentable. It was slacks instead of jeans until a few months back. Glad they made the change!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • pml1pml1 Member Posts: 147
    Usually just a polo and khakis for me. Occasionally I'll wear a button-up and tie if I have a presentation to give or something.
    Excellence is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, skillful execution and the vision to see obstacles as opportunities.
  • Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
    Polo shirt and tan pants typically. Sometimes jeans on Fridays. It's a pretty relaxed environment where I could wear jeans everyday but out of respect I try to be at least somewhat presentable most of the time icon_lol.gif
  • shaqazoolushaqazoolu Member Posts: 259 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Jeans and a t shirt with something dumb on it. Fridays its shorts and flip flops...shoes if it's raining.
    :study:
  • ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    Oxford and khakis on the days I go into the office.
  • SubnettingGoddessSubnettingGoddess Member Posts: 108
    Well, today I am in a South Park tshirt covered with pictures of Eric Cartman...
    OK, I confess, I do have one certification. I am an ACIA - Arcsight Certified Integrator/Administrator. But it's awarded for attending the class. Woot. And while it's a fine skill to have, my interests lay elsewhere.
  • BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Khakis and polos here. We have had one "casual day" when the Vikings were in the playoffs last year, and we could wear jeans and Vikings apparel. We do not deal with customers at this office, but they want use presentable at all times.
  • QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    Khaki's and polo, pretty standard. Jeans when they let us. I work for a rather large law firm so jeans everyday when I have to interface with partners doesn't really fly.
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Jeans and a Tee. Most days it is a oxford tee but not today lol.
    Do you guys have to tuck shirts in?
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□

Nope.

Manufacturing environment - so I can get away with jeans and a nice shirt. However, I usually wear khakis and a polo/button up.
  • Bert McGertBert McGert Member Posts: 122
    Tshirt, shorts, Tevas.

Days where I know I'm meeting with managers/execs... collared shirt and jeans.

On the rare and fleeting "Jeans Day" I don't, but I do have to tuck it in on normal days.
    Excellence is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, skillful execution and the vision to see obstacles as opportunities.
  • Paule123Paule123 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Desktop support days used to be jeans and a t-shirt. One summer was really hot so wore shorts, lasted 3 days before one of the directors compalined!

These days its trousers and shirt or if in meetings its a suit icon_sad.gif
  • ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Khakis or jeans + polo untucked. Popped collars of course.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • forkvoidforkvoid Member Posts: 317
    Button up or polo and a dark pair of Lucky jeans with Hytest work boots. That's every day, and actually happens to be how I dress normally. I hate t-shirts. Not a huge fan of polos either, so I usually wear a button-up.

I find that there's a huge problem with dress in IT... we have to do dirty work(except for you analysts, always in your cozy chairs with a steady stream of coffee :p), but our environments require us to look presentable. I certainly am not going to wear my dress shoes and slacks to a job where I'm going between my office and crawling on a user's floor.

I do rather miss getting to have my ponytail and huge goatee...ahh, academia.
    The beginning of knowledge is understanding how little you actually know.
    forkvoid wrote: »
    I do rather miss getting to have my ponytail and huge goatee...ahh, academia.

That wouldn't be an issue here or any of the places I've worked.
    Popped collars of course.

I like it! icon_thumright.gif
  • docricedocrice Member Posts: 1,706 ■■■■■■■■■■
    My "SYN-ACK" and Defcon shirts, sweat pants, and sports kicks. Or at least used to. Nobody seemed to care. Then I decided maybe I should provide a slightly more professional appearance (impressions matter in the corporate world) so I started with the khakis, polos, button-downs, and dress shoes. Visual credibility is an attachment to your reputation.
    Hopefully-useful stuff I've written: http://kimiushida.com/bitsandpieces/articles/
  • forkvoidforkvoid Member Posts: 317
    That wouldn't be an issue here or any of the places I've worked.

Getting rid of those were a condition of my employment where I am now. icon_sad.gif
    The beginning of knowledge is understanding how little you actually know.
  • Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Slacks, dress shoes, tucked in white oxford button up. I have seven of the exact same shirt (Like Rocco's Modern Life lol). I could wear polos or shirts with color but I like the look of a white button up and I like the day to day uniformity. I don't have to worry about whether my shirt will match my pants or shoes.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    Slacks and any shirt with a collar (tucked in). I work for a Catholic hospital and I was told in orientation their policy on casual friday is that you can choose between business casual or nun/priest garb icon_rolleyes.gif
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Polo and Khakis, and yes I have to tuck in the shirt.
  • nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    xenodamus wrote: »
    I was told in orientation their policy on casual friday is that you can choose between business casual or nun/priest garb icon_rolleyes.gif

LOL, I know what outfit I would be buying...
    WIP: IPS exam
  • za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    a suit , except on Thursday it's casual.
  • subl1m1nalsubl1m1nal Member Posts: 176
    At my last job, a consulting gig, it was polo's and khackis.

Now I work for a bank, button up and tie 4 days a week. Polo and khackis on casual Fridays. Jeans and polos or sports themed shirts on designated days. We got to wear jeans and UNI gear when UNI upset Kansas in the basketball tournament (sorry if I brought up bad memories for Kansas fans).
    Currently Working On: 70-643 - Configuring Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure

Plans for 2010: MCITP:EA and CCNA
    70-648 - Done
    70-643 - In progress
    70-647 - Still on my list
    70-680 - Still on my list

www.coantech.com
    www.thecoans.net
    www.facebook.com/tylercoan
    www.twitter.com/tylercoan
    www.linkedin.com/users/tylercoan
  • subl1m1nalsubl1m1nal Member Posts: 176
    Also get to wear jeans if we donate to a cause, but I don't do that.

And I'm jealous of you jeans and polo types. That's what I'd want to wear.
    Currently Working On: 70-643 - Configuring Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure

Plans for 2010: MCITP:EA and CCNA
    70-648 - Done
    70-643 - In progress
    70-647 - Still on my list
    70-680 - Still on my list

www.coantech.com
    www.thecoans.net
    www.facebook.com/tylercoan
    www.twitter.com/tylercoan
    www.linkedin.com/users/tylercoan
  • pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Shirt, tie, and khakis while in the office, polo/khakis on-site, on the road, and or on Fridays.

You guys don't do Hawaiian shirt day on Fridays? (I'd kill myself)
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    pitviper wrote: »

You guys don't do Hawaiian shirt day on Fridays? (I'd kill myself)

NO even if you paid me :D
  • rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Khaki's and polo. Jeans and polo on Friday.
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS