Best CCNA Material

ToBeOrNotToBeToBeOrNotToBe Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
Greetings guys, well it's my first time to join this wonderful forum, and i would be grateful if you could tell me what are the best study materials available in the market to prepare for the CCNA exam, i have been looking around for helpful information regarding this issue but didn't find what i need, kindly advise me. :D

Comments

• NoodsNoods Member Posts: 168
    http://www.kp-lab.com - Cheap, summarized but thorough guide.

I also used the Cisco Press books by Wendell Odom.
  • my_id_0308my_id_0308 Member Posts: 171
    Sybex CCNA books is good...as well as Cisco Rress Book by Wendell Olam
  • normtnormt Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    CBT`s such as Learnkey & CBT Nuggets
    Elvis Lives!!! Thank you very much!!!
  • s0c0s0c0 Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I second the Sybex CCNA book by Todd Lammle. Get the edition with router simulation, prep exam, and flash cards. It also comes with the entire book in PDF format. This is a well written book IMO. The router simulation is key if you won't have a chance to actually use cisco routers/switches. I was only able to use cisco routers/switches for about a total of 3 hours in school, all my other education has been based on routersim. Goodluck.
  • KarimbruxellesKarimbruxelles Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    CCNA Cisco press is FULL OF MISTAKE, it is better to use the sybex CCNA 4th edition
  • johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    I used cisco press with no problems.
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p
  • squawk1500squawk1500 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I third the Sybex CCNA book by Todd Lammle. The flash cards will really show you if you're ready for the exam. In the first cd that comes with this book if you look in the cd you'll find a folder called CertSim. In this folder there is a great test engine that is very much like the real 640-801 except it is a lot more easier. It even has simulator questions! It's just a demo though. Also when studying for the exam I used Cisco Press CCNA network simulator. This simulator is kind of buggie. Like when using OSPF, ISL, 802.1Q and some others. It still helped me pass the exam. I think the best thing to get is a cheap 2500 series router off of ebay. Just make sure its not running some old IOS like 11.1.