Options

A+ down like the NASDAQ

fallnomegafallnomega Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Finished up 702 today with an 847. I thought I was going to do far worse on it since I scored an 819 on 701 last week and read that 702 was a little bit more challenging. That turned out not to be the case for me since I seem to work better with situational questions then definitions. I did notice I was far more relaxed for 702 then 701 since I noticed my heart wasn't beating like a some speed freak due to anxiety over not passing. Guess it is true that you will always remember your first cert icon_redface.gif

Materials used were the Mike Meyers All in One, Sybex, Exam Cram, Boson for the 701, and practice exams up the wazoo. If you can get in the 80 - 90 % range on the practice exams in the Sybex + Exam cram books then I would say your ready. Boson helped to even out things not covered in the books or overlooked by me in the process. The only time I think my experience in the IT world came into play during the test was with one customer service question that was sort of a "dang if you do, dang if you don't" scenario which I think is funny now but wont post it here since that would violate the NDA.

Thanks to this site and the forum members for the info posted also. Now its on to knock out Network + and if time permits, Security + before 2011 rears its ugly head. Then its CCNA along with Linux + and LPIC since I am funny like that.

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    ajmatsonajmatson Member Posts: 289
    Congrats on the pass.
    Working on currently:
    Masters Degree Information Security and Assurance (WGU) / Estimated 06/01/2016
    Next Up: CCNP Routing Exam | Certified Ethical Hacker Exam
    Cisco Lab: ASA 5506-X, GNS3, 1x 2801 Router, 1x 2650XM, 1x 3750-48TS-E switch, 2x 3550 EMI Switches and 1x 2950T swtich.
    Juniper Lab: 1x SRX100H2, 1x J2320 (1GB Flash/1GB RAM, JunOS 11.4R7.5), and 4 JunOS Firefly vSRX Routers in VMWare ESXi 5.1
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on getting your A+!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    simtechsimtech Member Posts: 213
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    GamingCrazyGamingCrazy Member Posts: 113
    fallnomega wrote: »
    Finished up 702 today with an 847. I thought I was going to do far worse on it since I scored an 819 on 701 last week and read that 702 was a little bit more challenging. That turned out not to be the case for me since I seem to work better with situational questions then definitions. I did notice I was far more relaxed for 702 then 701 since I noticed my heart wasn't beating like a some speed freak due to anxiety over not passing. Guess it is true that you will always remember your first cert icon_redface.gif

Materials used were the Mike Meyers All in One, Sybex, Exam Cram, Boson for the 701, and practice exams up the wazoo. If you can get in the 80 - 90 % range on the practice exams in the Sybex + Exam cram books then I would say your ready. Boson helped to even out things not covered in the books or overlooked by me in the process. The only time I think my experience in the IT world came into play during the test was with one customer service question that was sort of a "dang if you do, dang if you don't" scenario which I think is funny now but wont post it here since that would violate the NDA.

Thanks to this site and the forum members for the info posted also. Now its on to knock out Network + and if time permits, Security + before 2011 rears its ugly head. Then its CCNA along with Linux + and LPIC since I am funny like that.

I have a quick question where did you take the practice exams at? I am looking for a few good websites so I can review, also how long should it take to study for everything.
  • Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats on passing!

icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    Ivanr4g63Ivanr4g63 Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    fallnomegafallnomega Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have a quick question where did you take the practice exams at? I am looking for a few good websites so I can review, also how long should it take to study for everything.

For the practice exams, I used the ones on the Meyers book, the Sybex book, Tech Exams book, and the software from Boson site. I also used the two tests on this site- CompTIA A+ Practical Application (2009 Objectives) assessment tests
    which was way harder then any of the other tests both practice and the actual tests themselves. If you can get past it with atleast a 70% and are pulling mid 80's + for the grade on the other practice exams then you should be golden for the actual tests.

I spent about two months studying the material and running through the exams. I generally ran through a chapter a night and then spent the last 2 - 3 weeks just hitting practice exam after practice exam and rehashing objectives I lacked in. Due to the nature of my job, I was able to spend about 5 hours a day both at home and at work studying.
  • Options
    n2wishinn2wishin Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Nice job! Great insight