Passed 1Z0-052

flatworldflatworld Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
11G OCA now. very hard.
Obtained it about a month ago.

Why are Oracle discussions on this website non existant?????
Next up: OSCP

Comments

• flatworldflatworld Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    /bump

Any reason for lack of oracle certification discussion on the website?
    It's a highly in demand certification.
  • cablegodcablegod Member Posts: 294
    Most here are focused on Cisco, Microsoft, VMWare, and a few others, primarily. There are a few of us Oracle gurus around though.
    “Government is a disease masquerading as its own cure.” -Robert LeFevre
  • flatworldflatworld Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thinking about studying for OCP, ie: 1Z0-053

However it seems there's some exhorbitant fee you have to pay for in class official oracle class, or web based training from oracle(both of which don't require a test at the end of it).

So essentially OCP Costs the price of the OCP test, plus $2,000??
    flatworld wrote: »
    Thinking about studying for OCP, ie: 1Z0-053

However it seems there's some exhorbitant fee you have to pay for in class official oracle class, or web based training from oracle(both of which don't require a test at the end of it).

So essentially OCP Costs the price of the OCP test, plus $2,000??

You're right. It's like the VCP in that aspect. If you ask me, it's a money-making racket. if you're aiming for the top, this will knock out one of the required hand-on courses for the OCM lab. If you decide to do it, pick one that will give you the most bang-for-the-buck, such as the 5-day RAC class. That way, you can go pass the Oracle Certified Expert: Real Application Clusters exam and knock out another Oracle cert. Two birds with one stone. If you want the OCM, pick a class focusing on your weak area(s) to help prepare for the lab exam.
  • warlock79warlock79 Banned Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello,
    flatworld congratulations. How you pass 1z0-052? Why is it so hard ?

I will be apprieciate of your words

I'm going to take this exam soon

Best regards,
    warlock79
  • varelgvarelg Banned Posts: 790
    Congratulations flatworld on the exam passed! icon_cheers.gif
    As to your question about non-existent discussions on the Oracle part of this forum, Cablegod put it nicely. However, not everybody here is going that way.
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    How difficult is the OCA? Is it "PL/SQL" heavy or it the knowledge cross vendor. I am seriously considering taking this test instead of doing an oracle class at school.
    From what I remember, it's mostly installation & admin functions like how to maintain/administer an instance. It's not VERY hard, but if you don't know the theory, it'll be tough.
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    cablegod wrote: »
    From what I remember, it's mostly installation & admin functions like how to maintain/administer an instance. It's not VERY hard, but if you don't know the theory, it'll be tough.

I might pick it up. IDK, it depends on how my meeting with my adviser goes. If I can get out of two sql classes then it will be worth it, if I can only get out of one then it will be pointless.
  • crashdumpcrashdump Banned Posts: 134
    How difficult is the OCA? Is it "PL/SQL" heavy or it the knowledge cross vendor.
    There is no PL/SQL on OCA. Only SQL icon_smile.gif
  • steelodonsteelodon Member Posts: 103
    flatworld wrote: »
    11G OCA now. very hard.
    Obtained it about a month ago.

Why are Oracle discussions on this website non existant?????

Congrats!!! Any suggestions on taking the Oracle SQL Expert Exam 1Z0-047??
  • al3kt.R***al3kt.R*** Member Posts: 118
    Congrats on your pass!!!
    "Tigranes: Good heavens! Mardonius, what kind of men have brought us to fight against? Men who do not compete for possessions, but for honour."--- Herodotus, The Histories
    "Nipson anomemata me monan opsin"--- Gregory of Nazianzus
    "Bruce Schneier's secure handshake is so strong, you won't be able to exchange keys with anyone else for days."--- Bruce Schneier Facts
  • abicertabicert Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!...