Weekend plans?

phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
I didn't want to waste my 1000th post on a reply in someone else's thread so I cleverly disguised it in this one icon_cheers.gif

What do you guys have planned for the weekend? So far I've got:
  • Install 128MB ram and latest ios in my 2620xm's.
  • Study a little bit for Sec+.
  • Catch up on some dvr'd Tosh.0 episodes icon_twisted.gif.
  • Maybe get some designer jeans off eBay.
  • Clean up the back yard.
  • Rent something terrible from RedBox.
  • Try a new beer.

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I love Tosh. Have you seen him live? I have tickets for mid-October.

I'll be doing some beer-fueled studying; the next few weeks are going to be busy until I finish a couple of classes.
  • gosh1976gosh1976 Member Posts: 441
    Not too much exciting planned for the weekend: do a little CCNA studying, probably finish a few packet tracer assignments. Probably play around with some server 2008r2 group policy stuff and maybe a little C#. Start thinking about and taking some notes for a casual analysis paper I have coming up for a non-IT course.

In the middle of all that probably head to the pub to watch an English Premier League game and have a couple beers. This is of course dangerous for getting other things done for the rest of the weekend as it starts at 12:30 on saturday afternoon and can sometimes turn into hours and hours of debauchery!
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Work icon_sad.gif Study for S+, read up on group policy. Do some research on good motherboard/processor combos, read my bible, go to the gym.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Work, study for my 70-643 (in 1-1/2 weeks)
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • SubnettingGoddessSubnettingGoddess Member Posts: 108
    Try to study for CCNA and job hunt while interrupted every two minutes (max) by my little ones. Guiltily play with them for a while, chastising myself for being a terrible mother. Read The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Baby Faces, and Jamberry repeatedly. Play peekaboo and piggy market. Go to WalMart, pushing babies in stroller while pulling shopping cart behind, unless I can get someone to go with me. Try to think of three cheap wholesome tasty meals a day to cook. I know you are jealous. :p (though really I love being a mama and have fantastic babies...it's just hard for job hunting to "be your full time job" when you have no child are options.)

Congratulations on 1000 phoeneous!!
    OK, I confess, I do have one certification. I am an ACIA - Arcsight Certified Integrator/Administrator. But it's awarded for attending the class. Woot. And while it's a fine skill to have, my interests lay elsewhere.
  • pml1pml1 Member Posts: 147
    I'm gonna take care of some yard work and cram for 291.

Congrats on your 1000th post!
    Excellence is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, skillful execution and the vision to see obstacles as opportunities.
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    dynamik wrote: »

I'll be doing some beer-fueled studying; the next few weeks are going to be busy until I finish a couple of classes.

We were going to see him when he was in town at the Mirage but couldn't get a babysitter. Have you seen him live? I'm literally in tears everytime I watch his show.
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Going big on the dance floor haha. Thats the usual plan though.
  • TravlerTravler Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm thinking of taking a little motorcyle ride. I haven't done anything except commute on it all year.
  • Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    Try to get that damned SBS 08 VM working. My sisters bday party is tomorrow, and i might take my car to the dragstrip. *shrug*
  • xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    - Set up my first frame relay lab
    - Finish up the ICND2 Nuggets
    - Start on my 2nd pass of Odem's book
    - Chill with my brother I havent seen in a few months
    - Finish season 4 of Prison Break
    - Work in the yard

Congrats on #1000!
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
  • arwesarwes Member Posts: 633 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm converting a remote Windows 2000 server to a VM on our local network over a T1, so I'm probably going to keep an eye on that process over the weekend. icon_lol.gif

On second thought, it might be quicker to send a 1 TB NAS down to that office and have them ship it back.
    [size=-2]Started WGU - BS IT:NDM on 1/1/13, finished 12/31/14
    Working on: Waiting on the mailman to bring me a diploma
    What's left: Graduation![/size]
    phoeneous wrote: »
    We were going to see him when he was in town at the Mirage but couldn't get a babysitter. Have you seen him live? I'm literally in tears everytime I watch his show.

Yea, his live show blows his special and Tosh.0 out of the water. Louis CK is the same way.
  • Bert McGertBert McGert Member Posts: 122
    dynamik wrote: »

Tosh live is great. Had never heard of him when I went to see him with some friends and I laughed my ass off.
  • slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Tonight 8PM - 4AM, Play high stakes poker at el dorado shreveport or elsewhere (Normal routine)
    Saturday - More High stakes poker at El dorado or else where

Sunday - Hopefully eat a real meal at a real table, watch some football, either golf or more poker, depends on how FRI + Sat went. Wonder WTF is TOSH, prolly google it
  • Alif_Sadida_EkinAlif_Sadida_Ekin Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Studying for the most boring certification in the world..... Project+
    AWS: Solutions Architect Associate, MCSA, MCTS, CIW Professional, A+, Network+, Security+, Project+

BS, Information Technology
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I get to help my friend move into her dorm room and meet her roommate from China. I hope she's hot. Other than that I plan on studying for the Security+ and CCNA. I might do labs for the CCNA. I might also go to church too.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    - catch up on a few episodes of House
    - work on some graphics for a few poeple
    - may go see Creed
    - watch some football
    - finish up a book and start a new oneicon_study.gif
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda

• msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Took today and all of next week off. Going to round out the rest of today on a walk with my son, maybe kick the soccer ball around a bit. He heads back to mom's on Saturday morning. Going to clean out my car over the weekend and get things packed up for some camping and hiking up in Northern WI. Going to do my best to rough it and use as few modern tools as possible for a night or two.

Probably try to fit in a whole bunch of shooting the rest of the week in between getting the place I've recently moved to finally completely situated and unpacked completely. Maybe fit in a movie somewhere in between. Finally I'll get back into the study mindset and get back down to business once again.
  • phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    Still unpacking after moving my family last weekend. Besides that getting ready for my new job on Monday and maybe starting back at the gym. Oh and studying for Sec+ because my new employer wants it, then it's back to CCNP.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Xcluziv wrote: »
    - may go see Creed

icon_thumright.gif

I don't care what anyone says, Creed is awesome.
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Basically gonna chill and relax. Gonna have date night with wifey. We're back to 5 day work week. icon_sad.gif I'm gonna miss the summer.
  • steve13adsteve13ad Member Posts: 398 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Wife has to work so I'm keeping the kids contained/entertained, and trying to study for the CWTS.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Xcluziv wrote: »
    - catch up on a few episodes of House
    - work on some graphics for a few poeple
    - may go see Creed
    - watch some football
    - finish up a book and start a new oneicon_study.gif
    House "jumped the shark" when he went to rehab. Creed is definitely a good idea and so is watching some football. I'm more of a college football fan than the pros.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • jahsouljahsoul Member Posts: 453
    *thinks*

Probably spend time with the family
    Pray and read my Bible
    Email Trevelyn (of Weaknet Linux fame) about what he does
    Play around with WNLA and BT4 a little more
    Read over this CCNA:Security material
    Play NCAA Football 11 Dynasty Mode
    Church and relax on Sunday
    Reading: What ever is on my desk that day :study:
  • mark_s0mark_s0 Member Posts: 82 ■■■□□□□□□□
    - today I cooked mexican for my lady and her sister
    - finish my 4th bottle of corona of the evening
    - study ccna, maybe labbing it up on PT
    - play Assassins Creed 2
    - work on getting through The Shield boxset
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Drunk, recover, study
  • rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
    So far I've:

- gone to the chriopractor
    - went to Target with the family
    - currently drinking a Guinness
    - will grill some burgers shortly

Tomorrow:
    - drink coffee and read the Sunday paper (I still get the paper delivered)
    - take the stepson to the waterpark
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS
  • XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    earweed wrote: »
    House "jumped the shark" when he went to rehab. Creed is definitely a good idea and so is watching some football. I'm more of a college football fan than the pros.

LOL@House jumping the shark. I know, going to see Creed tomorrowicon_cool.gif. Had a couple of vouchers, didn't know where some people were located but I had an extra voucher for a couple of tickets if anyone was in GAicon_cheers.gif
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda

Forgot the fights were tonight, UFC 118.