Options

CISSP Concentrations

bcairnsbcairns Member Posts: 280
Was thinking about extending my CISSP certification with a concentration:
https://www.isc2.org/concentrations/Default.aspx

Just wondered if any of you had any thoughts on the three certifications?

Not sure which one I would go for and why?

ISSEP seems to fit more with my carreer - but ISSMP seems much more popular

Comments

• Options
    powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,666 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have been thinking about that myself. The concentrations do not seem to have anywhere near the amount of study material available as the CISSP. With so many people attaining the CISSP because of DoD 8570, these do seem appealing as a differentiator.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I will eventually start working toward ISSEP. (As soon as some good study materials come out.) That will max me out under 8570, and I think in 3-4 years you will have to have it to fill top DoD jobs. Good point about differentiating yourself right now though.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback guys.

Been looking at the DoD 8570 as I am currently in certification limbo...been thinking of getting certified in Certified Ethical Hacker, or going after a ISSAP. My co-worker and friend went after a ISSEP and failed twice, not an easy test, and not a lot of study material for it.

Of course I am also looking at non-security stuff like VMware Certified Professional, and Sun Certified Java Programmer, maybe see if I qulify to start the PMP track.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
    bcairns wrote: »
    Been looking at the DoD 8570 as I am currently in certification limbo...
    With regard to 8570.01, your CISSP and Security+ has you well out of "cert limbo." Getting the CEH would just be icing on the cake.
  • Options
    JDMurray wrote: »
    With regard to 8570.01, your CISSP and Security+ has you well out of "cert limbo." Getting the CEH would just be icing on the cake.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I have looked at CEH and that is on my plan, seems the that both require CPEs, so one CPE could probably be subbmitted to each organization.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
    bcairns wrote: »
    so one CPE could probably be subbmitted to each organization.
    Yup. No problem with using the same CPEs across different cert vedors. Some vendors may allow the same CPEs to be applied across several of their certs too. It's all in keeping with the requirements of ISO/IEC 17024.