Password software

earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
Does anyone know of a good (free) password program available. I had norton AV with the identity safe but switched to MS security essentials. The problem I have is I have so many passwords and need to migrate them some way to the new program. My norton subscription has run out but I've just been "redoing" the trial 30 period and keep my passwords on a USB stick.
Anybody have any good ideas.
No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.

Comments

• msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I use the mind. It's scalable to just about any environment, incredibly secure with only a handful of exploits such as W32/Torture and W32.TruthSerum@mm. It's built into the cloud, so it's with you anywhere you go. It's also free, bonus!
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I use the mind. It's scalable to just about any environment, incredibly secure with only a handful of exploits such as W32/Torture and W32.TruthSerum@mm. It's built into the cloud, so it's with you anywhere you go. It's also free, bonus!
    LOL...I didn't get it for a second and started to google it. I have so many passwords for so many job search engines. Those are the main ones I need software for. I use different secure passwords for everything so I need something to help me keep track of them.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Anybody have anything that is more automatic. That's about the onnly thing I actually liked about the Norton Identity Safe was that it was so easy. I just checked and I have over a hundred passwords saved. I have them all written down but don't want to have to go through the trouble of reentering all those usernames and passwords.
  • RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I know a bunch of people who use RoboForm - It's pretty cool but not free ($30).
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • shaqazoolushaqazoolu Member Posts: 259 ■■■■□□□□□□
    pitviper wrote: »
    I know a bunch of people who use RoboForm - It's pretty cool but not free ($30).

RoboForm was okay. I was required to use it in my old job and I had never used a program like it before so I didn't have anything to compare it to. I do remember thinking "There has to be something out there that works better than this."
    :study:
    I'd basically like something that works as well as the norton identity safe. It's not perfect but when I go to one of my jobsites it fills in the password automatically.It does have its' drawbacks as it occassionally confuses sites that are powered by the same sofware like 3 or 4 of the smaller ones use the same one but I just go to the browser bar and select the name of the site and its ok.
  • wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote: »
    I use KeePass.

KeePass Password Safe
    ++

I installed it 2 days ago, it has an auto-complete feature.
  • NobylspoonNobylspoon Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I use an Ironkey. Far from free but worth the $$$.
    WGU PROGRESS

MS: Information Security & Assurance
    Start Date: December 2013