Juniper Certification

sydneymarssydneymars Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys I'm new to juniper and I would like to know the system and be certified soon what are the best books to read. I'm Cisco CCNA certified and got a job recently as a Support Engineer in a multi vendor environment and Juniper is part of the deal?icon_rolleyes.gif

Comments

• mkomonmkomon Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

I'm quite new to Juniper too, but I've already passed JNCIA-EX and I'm getting ready for JNCIA-JUNOS at the moment. Based on this I will share my little experience.

Juniper offers free study materials for a number of certs. Go to Juniper Fast Track portal, create an account (it's free) and you'll be able to access study materials from there. I'd say JNCIA-JUNOS is a good intro cert in the Juniper field.

Also don't forget to complete the pre-assessment tests to earn discount vouchers for certs. Before you do so, in Fast Track portal go to 'My Profile' and enter the code "GO4JUNOS". After passing the pre-assessment test you should get a 100% discount. This is a time limited promo, I don't know when it expires. Normally there is a 50% discount in effect.

My $0.02.

Martin
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Get thee over to the Juniper Fast Track Program web page and start with those.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • kevozzkevozz Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
    mkomon wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm quite new to Juniper too, but I've already passed JNCIA-EX and I'm getting ready for JNCIA-JUNOS at the moment. Based on this I will share my little experience.

Juniper offers free study materials for a number of certs. Go to Juniper Fast Track portal, create an account (it's free) and you'll be able to access study materials from there. I'd say JNCIA-JUNOS is a good intro cert in the Juniper field.

Also don't forget to complete the pre-assessment tests to earn discount vouchers for certs. Before you do so, in Fast Track portal go to 'My Profile' and enter the code "GO4JUNOS". After passing the pre-assessment test you should get a 100% discount. This is a time limited promo, I don't know when it expires. Normally there is a 50% discount in effect.

My $0.02.

Martin

How's this working out? Did you need to buy supplemental materials or any Juniper equipment?

The 100% discount is still going on. I'm poking around the website now. Look forward to picking up the certs. Also studying for Security+ right now.

Anyone else going this route?
  • mkomonmkomon Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I passed my JNCIA-JUNOS last week.

Before that I took part in the Juniper Networks Switching Summer School and passed JNCIA-EX so I only needed little extra study for the topics not covered by the -EX course/exam. I used materials available at the Fast Track portal and instead of buying/renting equipment I built a virtual lab using VMware and Olives. In my opinion it is sufficient for this kind of exam, there's no need to spend money on books/real gear.
  • kevozzkevozz Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
    mkomon wrote: »
    I passed my JNCIA-JUNOS last week.

Before that I took part in the Juniper Networks Switching Summer School and passed JNCIA-EX so I only needed little extra study for the topics not covered by the -EX course/exam. I used materials available at the Fast Track portal and instead of buying/renting equipment I built a virtual lab using VMware and Olives. In my opinion it is sufficient for this kind of exam, there's no need to spend money on books/real gear.

Just what i wanted to hear. Thanks!