contact them about resume

jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
Hi

I sent a resume in for an internship position on Wed. I submitted it online because that was one of the options. I'm not really sure if they got it or not. Would it be rude to see if the company received my resume or not? I'm starting to think that I should have went with the second option and drove down to the company and got the application.
Booya!!
WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
*****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****

Comments

• MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Did you get a confirmation number or anything? Or is there a submission history you can check (usually the case if you created an account on the HR site)?
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • laptoplaptop Member Posts: 214
    You can always follow up and give them a call.

good luck
  • SubnettingGoddessSubnettingGoddess Member Posts: 108
    This phrase is good to use: "I am calling to find if you've had an opportunity to...."

Good luck!
    OK, I confess, I do have one certification. I am an ACIA - Arcsight Certified Integrator/Administrator. But it's awarded for attending the class. Woot. And while it's a fine skill to have, my interests lay elsewhere.
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Did you get a confirmation number or anything? Or is there a submission history you can check (usually the case if you created an account on the HR site)?

I applied through a site called career matrix. I never got a confirmation from them about submitting my resume. I think I'll give the company a call either today or tomorrow.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Print it out and hand-delver one.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I applied through a site called career matrix. I never got a confirmation from them about submitting my resume. I think I'll give the company a call either today or tomorrow.

Calling once never hurts. If it turned into a daily annoyance, that is bad.
    Decide what to be and go be it.