Vendors

RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
Anyone else having issues with vendors lately? I'll send something over requesting a quote or more information or just wanting an update on a project and I get nothing. It's not just one vendor either. It's across the board. It's not like we ask for quotes and not buy either; which I could somewhat understand if that were the case. Seems like people would be more than willing to get back with you considering the current state of the economy.

Comments

• Mojo_666Mojo_666 Member Posts: 438
    RTmarc wrote: »
    Anyone else having issues with vendors lately? I'll send something over requesting a quote or more information or just wanting an update on a project and I get nothing. It's not just one vendor either. It's across the board. It's not like we ask for quotes and not buy either; which I could somewhat understand if that were the case. Seems like people would be more than willing to get back with you considering the current state of the economy.

I think you are experiencing nothing more than summer time syndrome.
  • SrSysAdminSrSysAdmin Member Posts: 259
    CDW seems to be the worst with this. Those suckers call you over and over again...and then you finally ask for a quote and they either mess it up or go missing.
    Current Certifications:

* B.S. in Business Management
    * Sec+ 2008
    * MCSA

Currently Studying for:
    * 70-293 Maintaining a Server 2003 Network

Future Plans:

* 70-294 Planning a Server 2003 AD
    * 70-297 Designing a Server 2003 AD
    * 70-647 Server 2008
    * 70-649 MCSE to MCITP:EA
  • RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    SrSysAdmin wrote: »
    CDW seems to be the worst with this. Those suckers call you over and over again...and then you finally ask for a quote and they either mess it up or go missing.
    Funny you mention them. That is one of the vendors I'm talking about.
  • Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Actually yes. I sent RFPs to three vendors with a feature request matrix and only received a response from two of them. I tried to follow-up with the third vendor at least 3 times and never got anyone. Oh well, they’re out.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/