Resume Assistance

XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
i know we have alot of great IT professionals on here and currently looking for a career/job. I would like it if you guys could give me some feedback on my resume. Any advice would be very helpful. Thanks in advance!icon_cheers.gif
LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda

Comments

• EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Not a bad resume, since you dont have lots of experience, IMO you should add more meat to the bones i.e. add another sentence to each bullet point. Or add more bullet points. I will also do away with the competencies section, it's very easy for an interviewer to trip you on any of the technologies listed. I would only list the competencies if I were really good with everything listed there, but then I would have enough experience anyway and the need to pad the resume wouldnt arise.

Just wondering, are you starting to look for work yet? If you arent yet, I think you should, you have been doing helpdesk type work for 3 years and I think you have paid you dues and should start looking for more technical (higher level) work.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yes, i am currently looking for work. Just graduated this month with my B.S in Computer Science. Actually, I was interning every summer over the past 4 years so its not technically 3 but of course help desk can be tedious and mundane. Actually right now i am looking for more of a Systems Analyst/Admin role to gain more experience. Everything in the competencies section I have dealt with personally, I wouldn't want to disregard it as a whole, but maybe hone in on things I know maybe. Thanks essendon!

• SubnettingGoddessSubnettingGoddess Member Posts: 108
    1) I'd be consistent with your date format

2) the first job was a summer internship for 3 yrs? I am not sure how to say that but maybe someone will have an idea of how to best present it - now it looks like a job you had the last 3 yrs

3) I'd tzuj it up a bit with a more appealing font like trebuchet (others lkely disagree though)

4) what ticket system did you use? some recruiters seem to care about this

5) I was taught to put periods at the end of bullet points

6) what did you do as CRM lead?

7) the tracking system you created, what did it save? money? time?
    OK, I confess, I do have one certification. I am an ACIA - Arcsight Certified Integrator/Administrator. But it's awarded for attending the class. Woot. And while it's a fine skill to have, my interests lay elsewhere.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    A little proofreading but just minor things. When you do this, that, and the other don't forget the third comma. Keep your tenses the same for past jobs they are always past tense. The job titles below company names should be consistently lined up.
    Just my 2 cents thrown in. The others hit on the major stuff.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @SubnettingGoddess...Thanks for the inputicon_thumright.gif Yes, I was wondering how to best say the duration without being lengthy (kind of trickyicon_lol.gif) Was the date format not consistent in the job descriptions. Prior to this past summer we were using Outlook Task for the ticketing system, but they had just implemented the KBOX system management for our new ticketing system before i got back to the job. While I was CRM lead it was mainly more administrative than technical. Dealt with alot of international things regarding mailing proceedings, creating labelsicon_rolleyes.gif, etc...lol. The track system I came up with was prototype and had not been implemented, was just a summer project my manager had me to work on and create (did a full presentation on it to my manager and her assistant).

@earweed great input man....revising as I posticon_lol.gif i know english professors who go back and forth with the comma thing...lol, some tell me yay others nay, thanks though. The titles seemed to line up...they may have been thrown off when I changed the company