Newest member of the club!

RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
Just came back from the test center....ugh what an ordeal that was, they could not log me in to the exam and I was delayed taking my test by an hour and change...

I passed with a perfect 700! I don't care I'll take the pass, especially what I have been through trying to get to this exam, the commute was terrible, I had a 2-3 week hiatus because my rig's mobo was fried during a power outage incident in my neighborhood (serves me right not to get a UPS), so all in all I'm just happy I came back with a passing score, anything else I would've been pretty frustrated.

As for the test, I definitely underestimated it I thought I had the material down pact and it seems the answers were obvious in some of them, I had about 8 or 9 sims (is it me or are they upping the number of sims per exam?). I thought the extra time I had to study would've helped me but it seems I got confused in some of the long questions they ask you that are like 3 paragraphs long. I definitely thought I would score higher than I did on 293 (I got 805 on that) but surprisingly 293 is my highest score on this track and this exam was my lowest mark...odd.

What I am really excited is that I have one more exam till MCSE! I hope the next exams are worded a little shorter!

Comments

• shon541shon541 Member Posts: 136
    Congratulations!!

Hope to be there soon.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Which elective are you taking for MCSE?
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • TechnitoTechnito Member Posts: 152
    RomBUS wrote: »
    As for the test, I definitely underestimated it I thought I had the material down pact and it seems the answers were obvious in some of them, I had about 8 or 9 sims (is it me or are they upping the number of sims per exam?).

First, congratz on the pass :)

Yes. Due to brain **** floating around on the internet Microsoft is adding more simulations on their exams. The questions on each exam are being changed more frequently as well. Also the point values of the simulations are now higher than ever. Therefore, if you miss all the sims on an exam with 10-12 sims, it's still possible to fail even if you score all the multiple choice questions correctly. A lot of people don't know that, but that's why it pays to lab.
    Knowledge is being an Architect, no matter what field.....
  • RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Which elective are you taking for MCSE?

You know what I don't know which to take....297 or 298...which one is better to take?

I took an elective already, 297/298 are the only ones I have left
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on your pass! It's a tough exam

297 follows up with designing AD, the 298 follows up with security design, using the concepts from the 293/291. I would study the 299 along with the 298 if you haven't taken the 299 yet. Both of those exams are basically the same material, just in a different test format.
    the 299 MS press book is good for both exams.
  • mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats on passing the hardest, most verbose exam of the lot. 70-298 will seem quite trivial after 294. It has no new material in it Just watch out for the different format; a bunch of testlets. I don't think I even studied for it.