Passed CCNA today!!

HardDiskHardDisk Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
That's right I just became a certified CCNA about one hour ago.

A pass is a pass. My score was 834.

I'm a product of self-study. I've been home studying for the better part of this year. This forum has provided me more support than these words can describe. I've read that the self-study path is the hardest path to chose and you will get no argument out of me.

Anyways today I rushed through a ton of questions and ran out of time on the last one. Given more time my score would have been much better.

Over the past month I have worked through a couple of thousand practice questions. I used Boson (via the Wendell Odom's book), Transcender, MeasureUP, PrepLogic and more.

All the study material I used has been referenced throughout this forum so I'll just say I used all the usual books and training videos/simulators.

A while back I failed badly the ICND1 exam. I ran out of time with 50% of the exam unfinished. Failing that exam helped me pass today's exam. It was a right of passage. I call it the "Cisco Smack Down".

Thanks for your support and I hope I have been able to give some back.

HardDisk

P.S. My method of creating and/or doing Labs was to simply re-create practice test questions in my simulator. I got to where I could re-create a practice test question in a simulator as fast as I could type. This method provided me with endless labs!

Comments

• alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    Congrats and don't give up the momentum!
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

So what's next? icon_study.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats!

Stay thirsty my friend

icon_thumright.gif
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Good work on the practice-labs, that's exactly the kind of mind-set that's going to get you into a great job. Good luck with your future studies, and big congrats on the pass. icon_thumright.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • HardDiskHardDisk Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Right on! Slow Hand.

Drinking life, Netwurk.

Thanks Mike. Since you asked I'm taking my KLR650 (thumper) out to the Grand Canyon this Labor day weekend for some just reward two-track Canyon adventure riding with some like minded fringe riders!

After this weekend (real world) I have to do something about being a paper tiger. It is finally going to be "game on". Any tips?

HardDisk
  • TheVirusTheVirus Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    HardDisk wrote: »
    Right on! Slow Hand.

Drinking life, Netwurk.

Thanks Mike. Since you asked I'm taking my KLR650 (thumper) out to the Grand Canyon this Labor day weekend for some just reward two-track Canyon adventure riding with some like minded fringe riders!

After this weekend (real world) I have to do something about being a paper tiger. It is finally going to be "game on". Any tips?

HardDisk

I think Mike was asking what was next in terms of certificates/study. icon_redface.gif

But congrats nonetheless.
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats man! Well earned.
  • nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    nice work!
    WIP: IPS exam
  • HardDiskHardDisk Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    TheVirus wrote: »
    I think Mike was asking what was next in terms of certificates/study. icon_redface.gif

But congrats nonetheless.

and I answered. I need to find a job. That is what, "do something about being a paper tiger" means.

I would love to perpetually pursue certifications but that is not realistic. Once I have a job offer I will focus my certification path in that direction.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    HardDisk wrote: »
    Same as in this thread: http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/57359-i-feel-like-paper-ccna.html

Network Warrior
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • jojopramosjojopramos Member Posts: 415
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln