Feeling like a forum hog but what does this sound like?

I want to make sure how I represent the job is actually more or less what I really did:

[FONT=Tahoma,Bold][FONT=Tahoma,Bold]Developed and expanded scope of role [/FONT][/FONT]to include oversight of testing in development network, documentation, requirements management, support plans, Memorandums of Understanding, Certification and Accreditation, Section 508 accessibility testing, load testing, and security testing in accordance with NIST SP 800-42.
OK, I confess, I do have one certification. I am an ACIA - Arcsight Certified Integrator/Administrator. But it's awarded for attending the class. Woot. And while it's a fine skill to have, my interests lay elsewhere.

Comments

• EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You might want to split the sentence into two, currently it's a bloody big mouthful !!

Wish I could suggest something, but I dont even know what half the terms mean.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • SubnettingGoddessSubnettingGoddess Member Posts: 108
    lol I guess I could do that but would have to figure out how to logically split them. at the agency I worked at, within a matter of months they decided the contract no longer needed an engineering team, so those wanting to implement a new system had no one technical from the contract side to hold their hand AND they stopped giving project managers willy-nilly from OCIO for every project. So people were pretty much on their own. So I did my best to fill that gap by making sure they knew what they needed to accomplish to implement, who their resources were, and then to make sure it got done.

But sometimes people seem to think I am a testing expert or C&A goddess, and I am neither. Or they are just randomly throwing **** at the wall pulling keywords from resumes to see what sticks.
    OK, I confess, I do have one certification. I am an ACIA - Arcsight Certified Integrator/Administrator. But it's awarded for attending the class. Woot. And while it's a fine skill to have, my interests lay elsewhere.
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Or they are just randomly throwing **** at the wall pulling keywords from resumes to see what sticks.
    icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • docricedocrice Member Posts: 1,706 ■■■■■■■■■■
    It took me a couple of passes for that description to sink in, but I think it makes sense. You might need to simplify it a bit for HR who scans hundreds of resumes per minute. At least you didn't go for the buzzword bingo:

[FONT=Tahoma,Bold][FONT=Tahoma,Bold]Developed and expanded scope of role [/FONT][/FONT]to create synergy to include oversight of testing in development network, documentation, requirements management, support plans, Memorandums of Understanding, Certification and Accreditation, Section 508 accessibility testing, downloading of action items, load testing, verifying the topic offline, pinging management, and security testing in accordance with NIST SP 800-42 in order to provide ownership and drive the project to completion on a go-forward basis.
    Hopefully-useful stuff I've written: http://kimiushida.com/bitsandpieces/articles/