ICND2 Scheduled for 8/31 @ 10:00 am est

ziggi138ziggi138 Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well, i finally bit the bullet and bought a voucher from one of TE's awesome sponsors, getcertify4less.com. I have been slowly studying for the exam but really started hitting the books and videos and lab for the past few months. I figure i am as ready as i can be. I do know that my weak areas are NAT and Frame-Relay. I am really working hard on those topics lately, but who knows. I might just be burning out on studying the same things over and over.

I do plan on starting on the CCNP track shortly after i get the CCNA, but i have been working a lot with server side stuff and i am thinking about getting the MCITP:EA

The one strong motivation that i have to pass is that my wife said i can get a Kindle DX.

For study materials, i have been using CBT Nuggets, My home lab which consists of 2 2621xm's and 3 2950g's, and a ton of books. Most notably my text books from the Cisco Net Academy and a few other books that i cant think of off the top of my head.

the night before the exam, i am planning on doing some light reading on a topic or two, but other than that i will most likely just sit back and watch some tv and try to get a full nights rest and wake up early enough to eat a full breakfast and have plenty of time to get mentally prepared for the day. I just hope that when i show up to work, I can show off a passing score to my co-workers and be the first one in my department with a CCNA.

Comments

• shaqazoolushaqazoolu Member Posts: 259 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Godspeed, sir.
    ziggi138 wrote: »
    the night before the exam, i am planning on doing some light reading on a topic or two, but other than that i will most likely just sit back and watch some tv and try to get a full nights rest and wake up early enough to eat a full breakfast and have plenty of time to get mentally prepared for the day. I just hope that when i show up to work, I can show off a passing score to my co-workers and be the first one in my department with a CCNA.

This is probably the best thing you can do. I made a couple of attempts at ICND2 and CCNA:S running on nothing but Mountain Dew, Red Bull and chocolate and failed both by about 40 points each. That crap worked in college but not any more. My passing attempts of ICND1, ICND2 and CCNA:S were all done on a decent night's sleep and a few last minute, stress-free practice tests.

Again, best of luck.
    :study:
  • ziggi138ziggi138 Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well, it is just over 12 hours away from when i sit the exam. I am getting a little nervous, but i am hoping i do well. I have most of the topics down. I am currently reviewing NAT and frame-relay and playing a little in my lab. Nothing too stressful, and i am taking plenty of breaks so i dont overload my brain. I will most likely go to bed in about an hour.

well, my next update will be either a pass or fail post. Good night all.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Good luck tomorrow!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • cleanwithitcleanwithit Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good Luck, Sir!
    A+, Network +, Linux +, MCP, MCTS, CCENT

A.S Network Administration
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck!! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    keeping my fingers crossed for you. I'm sure you did great
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • thehourmanthehourman Member Posts: 723
    Good luck, bro.
    The one strong motivation that i have to pass is that my wife said i can get a Kindle DX.
    Dude, I bought the DX, and when I received it; it boosted my studies, I even bought a bunch of text books and ebooks version of the text books lately. I still buy text books because I look smarter, and those are going to be useful someday.
    The only complain that I have is the amazon version of the text book is kind of mess up. It is a good thing that I downloaded the sample version. Also, the MS press ebooks(PDF) the screenshots don't work on my DX. I don't know why.
    Studying:
    Working on CCNA: Security. Start date: 12.28.10
    Microsoft 70-640 - on hold (This is not taking me anywhere. I started this in October, and it is December now, I am still on page 221. WTH!)
    Reading:
    Network Warrior - Currently at Part II
    Reading IPv6 Essentials 2nd Edition - on hold
    Well, I failed. 690/1000. Needed 825 to pass. I guess this means i have get to hit the books again and try again. The exam was much more brutal then i expected. I guess i should have given myself more dedicated study time. I plan on trying again in about 6 weeks. Between now and then, I will be really hitting the books. One thing i can say is even though i failed, i failed with out the use of brain ****. I would rather work hard and fail then **** and pass.

I think i will still buy the DX anyway :)
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Just a minor setback. You'll get it!
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Tis but a flesh wound. You will get it next time =)
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    ziggi138 wrote: »
    I would rather work hard and fail then **** and pass.
    I would rather work with someone who worked and studied hard until they earned their pass than someone who cheated to pass.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You'll get it next time. Use this as a learning experience.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
    mikej412 wrote: »
    I would rather work with someone who worked and studied hard until they earned their pass than someone who cheated to pass.

I totally agree. I have sat in on a few interviews at my current job where the potential employee used ****, and the interviewers ripped them apart. Hell, I even asked one of them what they used to study for the exams, and they said a website known for ****. Needless to say, none of the dumpers got the job.
    I HATE dumpers.. It devalues the certs that i have worked so hard to earn.

But anyway, I am going to hit the books harder and the labs even harder. I will get that CCNA. Quitting is not an option.