Exchange 2010 SP1 Released

You Had Me At EHLO... : The Future of Exchange Starts Here: Exchange Server 2010 SP1 Is Now Available

Biggest complaint from one of my customers was the inability to access archives in Outlook 2007. That's been addressed along with other enhancements. I'm happy that we can now import PSTs into archives without having to install Outlook, which means it should be able to script mass migrations from other mail products. Now that SP1 is released, companies should be more willing to move to 2010 - we were still seeing companies wanting to move to 2007 this summer because they were afraid of installing an application before the first service pack.

Comments

• it_consultantit_consultant Member Posts: 1,903
    I updated my servers last Saturday, so far I am impressed, mostly with the improvements to archiving. Although it is my understanding that you still can't view the archive in Outlook 2007, has this changed?
  • ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    Yes and no. The Exchange team said the feature would be added to SP1 when they originally announced the SP1 features prior to the beta. It's my understanding that the server bits for archiving in Outlook 2007 are in there, but the client update for Outlook 2007 itself won't be out until Q1 2011.

I'm disappointed because I have a client that didn't want to update to Office 2010 yet so they will still have to use OWA to access their archives.