Options

The 'beast' got me!

sixfeetdeepsixfeetdeep Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well, I finally was able to take the exam today after be re-scheduled a few times due to the testing center, and did not pass. I got 673! I did not study much subnetting and I think this is the one or two questions that got me. I'll try again, but feeling discouraged at the first try.

Comments

• Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    673 is a solid attempt. No, it isn't quite the pass. But how many questions does 27 points equate to? Not very many.

Spend another week or 2 (probably 2) working on the things that you feel need work, and go back in there and try again!
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Yup, you're real close to that magic number of 700. Take a day or two to dust yourself off, then get back to the studies. Look at the score-report they gave you so you can study up on what you were weak on, (but don't forget to do a little bit of review on the things you were stronger on as well, so you don't forget.)

Good luck on the retake, I'm sure you'll slay that beast. icon_thumright.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I agree with the others, brush up on your weaker areas and you'll be fine. This is quite a tough exam and 673 is very close! Good luck :)
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Mojo_666Mojo_666 Member Posts: 438
    That was close, brush up on the weak areas and hit the test center again next week.

Don't be discouraged and good luck.
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    So close!

Much better than my first attempt. I got chewed up and spat out with a sub 500 score.

That was back in my early days of certification (that was my 2nd exam I'd ever taken), I've learned a hell of a lot since then ;):D

I'm sure you'll nail it the second time :)
  • Options
    pml1pml1 Member Posts: 147
    So close! Definitely brush up on your weak areas go back at it. If you haven't labbed much, I'd definitely recommend that you setup some VMs and lab some things out. That helped me tremendously on this one.

Good luck on your next attempt!
    Excellence is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, skillful execution and the vision to see obstacles as opportunities.
  • Options
    krauserkrauser Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    27 points? Study harder and u'll nail the next shot, just don't give up.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    CBT Nuggets are excellent for the 70-291. Since you were so close I don't know that you would want to pay $200 to get them, but also consider that if you choose not to and should fail again that is $100 that you just tossed away.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck on your next attempt!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63