amazon for older certs

hunterthuntert Banned Posts: 231
one of the things about some of the older certs is that some of the study material is a lot cheaper i just got a study guide on amazon for 70-290 for around 7.00 including postage

Comments

• DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    huntert wrote: »
    one of the things about some of the older certs is that some of the study material is a lot cheaper i just got a study guide on amazon for 70-290 for around 7.00 including postage

Books really aren't that expensive as long as you steer clear of the books that are intended to be used in a classroom. If the publisher is Mcgraw or Pearson, you are for sure going to pay over $100. If not, $30-$40 is usually the most you will see.

And of course, $7 is better than that. Many people are unloading their old books more for freeing up space for the new books but wouldn't mind a few bucks.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Mojo_666Mojo_666 Member Posts: 438
    They go so cheaply I do not even bother selling.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Mojo_666 wrote: »
    They go so cheaply I do not even bother selling.

I keep all of mine, but I offer them out to friends to borrow. Nobody has ever taken me up on it yet. Several have expressed interest though.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • poriggityporiggity Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I don't sell any of my books.. The books will serve as a nice reference in my IT career.
    A+, 70-270, and working on 70-290 now. Certs are good.
    claymoore wrote:
    If you're unzipping your fly to show off your A+, N+ and Sec+, I'm going to ask if it's cold in here.
  • Mojo_666Mojo_666 Member Posts: 438
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    I keep all of mine, but I offer them out to friends to borrow. Nobody has ever taken me up on it yet. Several have expressed interest though.

Your friends, like mine, are clearly not cool enough. ;)
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    I plan on keeping all of mine, putting them on a bookshelf in my home office. Assuming I can clean up this trainwreck of a room I call a computer room into an office
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I donate the ones I know I'm completely finished with to the company library. I usually find more concise locations for the information throughout my studies (Technet, Cisco docs, etc.), and I use that going forward. I'll undoubtedly need to reference something, but I don't really need to be "taught" again.
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I just give away the ones I don't need anymore. The last bunch went to a Taxi driver who mentioned he wanted to break into Cisco work.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?