Purchased Boson Kit for CCNA

AlbzAlbz Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello I just purchased the Boson Kit for CCNA which Includes NetSim for CCNA 7.0 and ExSim -Max for Cisco 640-802. I purchased this hoping it will be the only product (as advertised) needed to prepare for the test and wanted to hear from any experiences (good or bad) from the rest of you on this forum. Also any tips on how to best make use of this Kit would help. I noticed it has various tests under ExSim along with the NetSim which is a totally different program which makes it difficult to understand where to even start!

Also if there's any bootcamp class you'd recommend along with this that would help immensely. Thanks in advance!

--
Albz

Comments

• wbosherwbosher Member Posts: 422
    Get yourself a copy of either the Cisco Press books (ICND1 and ICND2) or the Sybex CCNA book.

Just have a sim and some practice tests won't do you much good if you don't know what you're trying to do with them.
  • AlbzAlbz Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    wbosher wrote: »
    Get yourself a copy of either the Cisco Press books (ICND1 and ICND2) or the Sybex CCNA book.

Just have a sim and some practice tests won't do you much good if you don't know what you're trying to do with them.

I actually looked through the material covered and ran theough it with my boss. Looks like I actually should be looking towards a CCDA cert instead. The reason being for design consulting we don't do a whole lot of field configuration/troubleshooting work. It's mostly design work and support at our desks in front of a computer.

I'm looking into the Designing for Cisco Internetwork Solutions (DESGN) (Authorized CCDA Self-Study Guide) (Exam 640-863) (2nd Edition) by Diane Teare which seems to be the book of preference on this forum. Then I'll look into practice tests, looks like Transcender is also the preffered choice. Hope this plan works out :).
  • NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    CCDA doesn't require the CCNA cert as a prerequisite, but Cisco expects you to have CCNA and some CCNP knowledge...

"While there are no prerequisites for taking the CCDA exam, Cisco recommends that candidates have CCNA-level and BCMSN-level knowledge"
  • AlbzAlbz Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Netwurk wrote: »
    CCDA doesn't require the CCNA cert as a prerequisite, but Cisco expects you to have CCNA and some CCNP knowledge...

"While there are no prerequisites for taking the CCDA exam, Cisco recommends that candidates have CCNA-level and BCMSN-level knowledge"

I have noticed that, how critical do you believe this would be? Would the book and practice tests not be enough to get me through the material covered for this test?
  • nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    Albz wrote: »
    I have noticed that, how critical do you believe this would be? Would the book and practice tests not be enough to get me through the material covered for this test?

it can be done. however from reviewing some of the CCDA material I can't imagine trying to pass it before having fundamental CCNA knowledge. i'd suggest you tackle the CCNA first.
    WIP: IPS exam