Downed the Beast

pml1pml1 Member Posts: 147
I took down the beast this morning with an 850. I was really sweating going into it, but it was way easier than I expected. This sims were very simple and straightforward.

Maybe it scared me into studying harder, but I felt like 290 was much more challenging (and I scored about 100 points lower on it also). As ridiculous as this sounds, I was almost disappointed by the sims. I was expecting them to be much more complex.

Edit: Ha, as a total coincidence, this is my 100th post. I have some catching up to do! icon_wink.gif
Excellence is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, skillful execution and the vision to see obstacles as opportunities.

Comments

• bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats!
    pml1 wrote:
    but it was way easier than I expected.

'Cos it sounds like you studied thoroughly and kicked it's ass ;)
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on the beast slaying!! What'd you use for studying?

Also TAOI is an amazing book so far; I'm on chapter 4.
  • pml1pml1 Member Posts: 147
    bertieb wrote: »
    'Cos it sounds like you studied thoroughly and kicked it's ass ;)

Absolutely! icon_thumright.gif Thanks!
    Excellence is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, skillful execution and the vision to see obstacles as opportunities.
    Congrats on the beast slaying!! What'd you use for studying?

Thanks man! I used The MS Press Book and CBT Nuggets. I think what really helped me was the labbing. I did pretty much all of the practice labs in the MS Press book, and that *more* than prepared me for the sims on the actual exam.

To anyone who is planning to take this exam: Read the book, do the labs (don't just blindly follow the steps but understand what you're doing) brush up on subnetting, be familiar with all of the various command line tools, and you will do fine on this exam. With the right preparation, the beast is reduced to a purring kitten.
    Also TAOI is an amazing book so far; I'm on chapter 4.

I can't put it down! I was afraid I was going to fail my exam because it interfered with some of my study time. I'll probably finish it tonight or tomorrow and then go pick up The Art of Deception.
  • DraxtheSovietDraxtheSoviet Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    pml1 wrote: »
    To anyone who is planning to take this exam: Read the book, do the labs (don't just blindly follow the steps but understand what you're doing) brush up on subnetting, be familiar with all of the various command line tools, and you will do fine on this exam. With the right preparation, the beast is reduced to a purring kitten.

Congrats on your passing! icon_thumright.gif

I just got my MS Press Book today, planning on slaying the "beast" by the end of this month or most likely the beginning of October to claim the MCSA title. Looks like it is a lot of work to do, but I am determined like never before - thanks for the tip! icon_study.gif
    "When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on slaying the beast!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
    Congrats on your passing! icon_thumright.gif

I'm not dead yet! ...I kid icon_wink.gif Thanks!
    I just got my MS Press Book today, planning on slaying the "beast" by the end of this month or most likely the beginning of October to claim the MCSA title. Looks like it is a lot of work to do, but I am determined like never before - thanks for the tip! icon_study.gif

Good luck! Study hard and I'm sure you'll do great!
    earweed wrote: »
    Congrats on slaying the beast!

Thanks, man!
  • krauserkrauser Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations, well done.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on getting the MCSA!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63