WGU Refer-A-Friend (Thread for those seeking a referral)

Comments

• nhan.ngnhan.ng Member Posts: 184
    got it. Thanks a lot. :D

Just finished filling out my application. I used the student form page, but it kept timing out on me, not sure why.

edit:

Used IE and was able to complete the form. It didnt work on FF for some reason.
  • derrialfosterderrialfoster Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    will someone plesease refer me
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    will someone plesease refer me
    Did you check your Private Messages (near the upper right corner under where it should say Welcome, derrialfoster).

erpadmin posted that they sent you a PM -- and petedude also seemed willing (but you didn't have PM access yet)
    erpadmin wrote: »
    Sent you PM!
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Usually the TE member will send you his personal info for you to fill out the referral form. It is courtesy to send the referrer at least your name in a PM or email message.
    First before requesting a referral ensure you are able to receive emails or PMs. Then after someone posts that they sent you a PM check to see if you have the PM. You can check by going to User CP or following mikes advice above.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • rakushrakush Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I could really use a referral if someone doesn't mind taking the time.

edit:

Thank you for the referral erpadmin!
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I have PM'ed/emailed everyone who has requested a referral. Not one person has gotten back to me.

First of all new members, welcome to TE.

If you do need a referral, please PM me. I will get back to you within a few hours, unless it's sleeping hours on the Eastern time zone. But you will get referred!
  • rakushrakush Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for the welcome and the quick reply. I've just sent you an email with my information for the referral.

erpadmin wrote: »
    I have PM'ed/emailed everyone who has requested a referral. Not one person has gotten back to me.

First of all new members, welcome to TE.

If you do need a referral, please PM me. I will get back to you within a few hours, unless it's sleeping hours on the Eastern time zone. But you will get referred!
    rakush wrote: »
    Thank you for the welcome and the quick reply. I've just sent you an email with my information for the referral.

You should be hearing from WGU shortly. I just got the e-mail stating they got your application and will be getting in touch with you. Welcome again to TE, and definitely go through the WGU Q&A thread. Then after you start, use the WGU Student Experiences thread. Though feel free to go through both as you are waiting to get through; they are extremely helpful.

Best of luck!
  • rainman748rainman748 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Got one, thanks.
    Could someone please refer me? Thanks in advance.
    rainman748 wrote: »
    Could someone please refer me? Thanks in advance.

Sent an e-mail.
  • novovictusnovovictus Member Posts: 192
    If anyone needs a referral, just drop me a PM!
    Working on: Doctor of Information Technology Information Assurance and Security @ Capella
  • shecklersheckler Member Posts: 201
    Hey guys, I'm looking for a referral. Don't think I can PM yet.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    sheckler wrote: »
    Hey guys, I'm looking for a referral. Don't think I can PM yet.
    You should be able to receive/send PMs now.
  • shecklersheckler Member Posts: 201
    Thanks, got one
  • spigetyspigety Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm looking to refer a few people so I receive my gift card this term, feel free to contact me as well too.
    From my experience it takes quite a few referrals and a bit of time before you'll get a card. I've referred 20 something people (starting in March) and my first person to attempt EWB just went through. I should be getting my card any day now!!!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • spigetyspigety Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    earweed wrote: »
    From my experience it takes quite a few referrals and a bit of time before you'll get a card. I've referred 20 something people (starting in March) and my first person to attempt EWB just went through. I should be getting my card any day now!!!

This is actually my second term, but yeah it does take a while. I referred 2 or 3 people in November and December of last year and didn't get my card for almost 6 months.

It is still a nice surprise when it comes though.

VVV - This is a good idea, I say we edit our posts when we are done accepting referrals.
    New people:

So far, out of all the people I have contacted, WGU has sent me confirmation about one person. So if you need and want a referral and want one QUICKLY let me know via PM. If you don't have PM access, just follow the steps on the first post in this thread.

For those who have referred or are looking to refer new people:

We all want an Amazon card. I suggest that out of all the folks you have referred, you politely keep tabs (i.e. asking them how's it going, when they plan on starting, etc.) This way we're not all trying to step on other people who have not gotten a Amazon and we can all "share the wealth." Remember, you will only get ONE Amazon card a year. So if you have referred someone and you know for sure that that person has started and completed EWB, pass your referral to those who are actively seeking them and/or refer your person to contact such-as-such. Believe me, I want people to save $65 just like I did, but no reason why we all can't have an Amazon card. :)
    Personally I'm DONE.
  • scalpelrushscalpelrush Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    nhan.ng wrote: »
    hi all,

I'm a long time reader, but just signed up recently. Discovered WGU while searching for a technical school. Spent a few days reading reviews around the web and finally found these threads about WGU on TE icon_lol.gif dooh how i didn't see all these threads about WGU on here icon_redface.gif.

I'm just starting a new job, so as soon as I have enough save up, i'm gonna spend it on WGU. Plan on studying Information Technology—Networks Design & Management, so if anyone could please send me an invite, i'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you all. :D

Hello, I believe this user read my mind, just what he said is what I was planning to write. I hope someone could send me an invite to start the process at wgu.

thank you, :D

Leo

Edit: I got my invite from erpadmin, thank you!!!
    Courses Required to Graduate WGU with BS - IT: NDM: BVC1.
    Courses Completed:
    EWB2, WFV1, BOV1, CLC1, BBC1, BAC1 | GAC1, HHT1, QLT1, LAE1, LAT1, LUT1 | ORC1, MGC1, TPV1, SSC1, IWC1, INC1 | INT1, IWT1, LET1, TWA1, CPW3
    Courses Transferred: AXV1, TTV1, TNV1, TSV1, ABV1, AHV1, AIV1, BHV1, BIV1.

Hello, I believe this user read my mind, just what he said is what I was planning to write. I hope someone could send me an invite to start the process at wgu.

thank you, :D

Leo

Used the send an email function to contact you. Figure we'll start the trust that way. :)
  • ArystaArysta Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi :) I'd like to request a referral. I'll be sure to get back to you after I apply and everything. I'm not sure if I can accept pms yet, but I enabled email. Thanks!

edit: got a reply!
  • novovictusnovovictus Member Posts: 192
    Arysta wrote: »
    Hi :) I'd like to request a referral. I'll be sure to get back to you after I apply and everything. I'm not sure if I can accept pms yet, but I enabled email. Thanks!

I have sent you an email with my contact info. Please let me know if you received it!
    Working on: Doctor of Information Technology Information Assurance and Security @ Capella
  • ITJakeITJake Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Looking for a Referral for WGU. Looking forward to signing up this weekend. Thanks!

ITJake.
    ITJake wrote: »
    Looking for a Referral for WGU. Looking forward to signing up this weekend. Thanks!

ITJake.

Sent an email.
    A couple of folks have gotten back to me about starting soon (October). Plus with the last referral, I believe I can definitely now share the wealth and let others have at the referrals.

If anyone needs a referral and they have not gotten a response from folks, you can PM me. If you can't PM, follow the instructions in the first post and contact Webmaster to turn PM on for you. You can also PM others who you see who are looking to refer you.

Good luck to all. :)
  • HmongGuyHmongGuy Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    A referral would be much appreciated.
  • carlitos31carlitos31 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have not filled any applications at WGU yet, but planning to asap
    anyone here is a student there and can help with the referall?

You can pm me here, thanks!:)
  • brwillmsbrwillms Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'd like a referral for WGU please. Thanks guys.
  • themagiconethemagicone Member Posts: 674
    Just FYI if you didn't get the referral to waive the $65 when you first applied, as long as you didn't approve your AAV you can still apply for the referral. You will get the $65 back when you get your student aid.
    Courses Completed at WGU: JIT2, LYT2, TFT2, SJT2, BFC2, TGT2, FXT2
    Courses Required For Me To Graduate WGU in MS: IT Network Managment: MCT2, LZT2, MBT1, MDT2, MNT2
    CU Done this term: 16 Total CU Done: 19
    Currently working on: Nothing Graduation Goal: 5/2013