Options

Starting 215 track...

mikey_bmikey_b Member Posts: 188
Any recommendations before I get going with 215? I have the MS Press "core four" set for 2000 Server and the Train Signal video CBT labs (1-13), and I have a client laptop and a desktop and am contemplating buying a cheap desktop (what Dell has for $399) to act as the 2K server. Am I missing anything? Any other thoughts? Has anyone used Virtual PC to do the whole shebang?

I plan on doing 215, then 218 for MCSA 2000, then the upgrade to 2K3.
Mikey B.

Current: A+, N+, CST, CNST, MCSA 2003
WIP: MCSE 2003

Comments

• Options
    NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am currently using Microsoft Virtual PC and setting up domains. One recommendation though is to have atleast 1GB of ram.
  • Options
    mikey_bmikey_b Member Posts: 188
    I hear you on the RAM, I was either going to add a cheapie PC and run 3 computers (2 servers, 1 client) or upgrade what I have to A64 3000+/1gb DDR/120gb SATA because those parts are cheap right now and then just run Virtual PC, should be able to host a few servers in RAM. Maybe even go for 2gb if my wife lets me! :)
    Mikey B.

Current: A+, N+, CST, CNST, MCSA 2003
    WIP: MCSE 2003
  • Options
    NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have 1GB right now, I might add another Gig and make my setup a little more complicated. But in studying for your MCSA you really don't need that much ram.

Just tell your wife that the money that you sacrifice now for the 2gb will be worth 10 times in return once you are fully certified. Promise her that you'll get her that coach bag or that nice car that she always wanted. :D