A+ and N+?

NEANEA Inactive Imported Users Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am brand new to the world of IT, but I am looking into getting some certifications. I would like to get my A+ and N+ certifications, should I get those certs in that order? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• TransatlanticTransatlantic Member Posts: 120
    Thats the way that I took them, but whatever works for you really. A+ is considered the basic cert. and Network + a little more advanced, but again there's no reason to take them in any order so I'd go with what you feel comfortable with :)
    "Mistakes have been made, others will be blamed."
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Brand new into IT, thats the best route.
  • NEANEA Inactive Imported Users Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys!!!
  • 3000GT3000GT Member Posts: 212
    thats the way i did it too, now im on the way to MCSA! wooo!
  • StarterStarter Member Posts: 169
    RobsonGTO wrote:
    Certifications: CompTIA A+, Net+, Working on 70-290

You're wise to work on 70-290 before 70-270. I wish I was doing it that way.
  • BaredorBaredor Member Posts: 99
    starter wrote:

Having just taken 270, I agree.
  • Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    Hi

i have just passed 270 and now i am onto 290 and you say you wish you done 290 before 270 why is this, 270 is basic knowledge on os 290 is more granular with details, 290 is the basis for 291 and 292

please elaborate on your opinion

Lee H
  • HavocHavoc Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have not done the 2003 tests but i did write 2000 server and XP and i found that doing XP was a good starting point, for doing M$ exams.

If U find 70-270 difficult then you will be lost in the network exams, the questions are larger and can be difficult to understand
    -True skill comes without effort -
  • 3000GT3000GT Member Posts: 212

lol just seen your reply dude, i got my certs mixed up for my signiture :D