failed by 1-6 points!!

iyareiyare Member Posts: 46 ■■■□□□□□□□
Sat the CCENT and failed by a very narrow margin. Granted my studies did not include some of the new technologies now on the CCNA (my books are from 2005/6). I felt the exam was very fair and I didn't pass because I did not fully prepare. Felt good about the whole situation, though. I was comfortable, no panic attacks and finished with 19 minutes left.

I will try it again this Friday after pummeling the topics I was weak on.
CCENT, CCNA(EXPIRED), BS Electrical Engineering (Communications/Optics/Nanotechnology)

Comments

• rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Welcome to TE!

Great attitude. I'm sure you'll knock it out of the park next round icon_cheers.gif

If you need any help, we're all here to help.
  • ajmatsonajmatson Member Posts: 289
    Keep your head high and take it down. You will crush it after a bit of brush up :)
    Working on currently:
    Masters Degree Information Security and Assurance (WGU) / Estimated 06/01/2016
    Next Up: CCNP Routing Exam | Certified Ethical Hacker Exam
    Cisco Lab: ASA 5506-X, GNS3, 1x 2801 Router, 1x 2650XM, 1x 3750-48TS-E switch, 2x 3550 EMI Switches and 1x 2950T swtich.
    Juniper Lab: 1x SRX100H2, 1x J2320 (1GB Flash/1GB RAM, JunOS 11.4R7.5), and 4 JunOS Firefly vSRX Routers in VMWare ESXi 5.1
  • SubnettingGoddessSubnettingGoddess Member Posts: 108
    Does it tell you what you missed?
    OK, I confess, I do have one certification. I am an ACIA - Arcsight Certified Integrator/Administrator. But it's awarded for attending the class. Woot. And while it's a fine skill to have, my interests lay elsewhere.
  • mworwellmworwell Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Keep at it and you'll get it next time. I found the ICND1 more difficult than the ICND2 exam which I didn't expect.
  • iyareiyare Member Posts: 46 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Does it tell you what you missed?

I got a break down of topics and how i performed percentage wise. 33% WLANs is what killed me. I think that is okay to let folks know, right?
    CCENT, CCNA(EXPIRED), BS Electrical Engineering (Communications/Optics/Nanotechnology)
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    iyare wrote: »
    I think that is okay to let folks know, right?
    Yeah, posting your breakdown is fine. You just can't start posting about the number of questions or the specific topics you were tested on.

The major topics in the Score Report breakdown match up with the major topic headers in the exam blueprint -- and you can try and match up the more specific topics mentions with the questions you remember from the exam to try and get a better idea about which tasks you need to focus on.

Just remember that luck of the draw on questions from the exam question pool could swing the exam heavy into topics that might have only been touched on lightly in your last exam.... It's always best to be prepared for all the topics outlined in the exam blueprint (and even mentioned in passing in the exam description).

Good Luck in Round 2. icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • tha_dubtha_dub Member Posts: 262
    Even at 33% for wlan I would not assume that was all that sunk you. As far as topics covered wlan is a very small amount of overall info. Granted if you only needed one or two more questions right to pass that may have done it but I might spend some extra time on the bigger topics in your weak areas.

Good LUCK! (not that you'll need it ;) )
  • wireratwirerat Member Posts: 251
    Resiting this Friday. Will focus more on the strong points along with weak points. Putting in more time with gns3. Hopefully, that will increase my confidence. And subnetting. More work on subnetting.
  • NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I failed my first Cisco test by just 15 points, so I know how you feel. Since then, I've passed CCNA and BCMSN. So hang in there, you'll get it!

:)
  • ToddBToddB Member Posts: 149
    Good luck just passed today, and I failed twice before both time I was so close. Funny story I failed the 1st time by only a few but recieved a 0% on security and 50 on wan. Second I was ready for both but I failed worst spent to much time in books no not enough time in labs. So for today I studied like it was the 1st time and recieved 100% on security. good luck and even if you might fail again don't give up. If you work at it you will pass.
    :thumbup:

Phil 4:6 "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God."
    Passed!!! By almost 40 points!! I still did not review the correct topics but enough of them. Thanks for all the encouragement!!
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Passed!!! By almost 40 points!! I still did not review the correct topics but enough of them. Thanks for all the encouragement!!

CONGRATS!!! Good luck on the ICND2!

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    If at first you don't succeed, try try again

Congrats!!!!

icon_thumright.gificon_thumright.gif
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Passed!!!
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif I think you should take Monday off and make a 3 day celebration out of it!! drunken_smilie.gif

Good Luck with your ICND2 studies icon_study.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif I think you should take Monday off and make a 3 day celebration out of it!! drunken_smilie.gif

Good Luck with your ICND2 studies icon_study.gif

Great idea!
  • 0Day0Day Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    NICE, Congrats!

icon_thumright.gif
    WIP: CISSP/ CCNP