2 weeks to go for CISSP

drk1980drk1980 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone,

i have 2 weeks to go before i take the cissp exam.
i have gone through the AIO 5th edition and have also done numerous quizzes on cccure.org (free quizzes)

I am unsure on what to do for the next 14 days... i have some SANS audio seminar from a friend which i plan to listen and also plan to go through some NIST documents.
I also plan to go through the last-minute study materials available on cccure.

Or should i just go through AIO once again - a quick review?

Is there anything that i am missingicon_rolleyes.gif

Comments

• colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I would go back through the AIO for the remainder of the time, but the last day, just glance over it, and make sure you get a good night's rest the night before, no hangover, ;) so you will be refreshed... it is a grueling exam and your head will hurt afterwards, and just relax and take it one question at a time.

Good luck!
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • TrainingDazeTrainingDaze Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It might be wise to actually prepare your body and mind for a 6 hour / 250 question exam. If you can build your test taking endurance now, without burning out, it could pay dividends come test time. Figure out what time the exam is going to begin and during that time frame for the next week or two run through lots of questions so that your mind is prepared.

Good Luck!!
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    ^^ I agree with both. Great advice :)
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    In the final two weeks you are best to prepare with flash cards and practice exam questions. Forcing yourself to do several hundred questions at a sitting is a good mental stamina builind exercise. And start studying the "**** sheet" notes you should have been taking as you studied the heavy material.

Good luck!
  • drk1980drk1980 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone for your valuable inputs :).

I have been taking the cccure quizzes and have been scoring 80-88% consistently. But the few questions where i go wrong are the ones that worry me.
    I see that BCP-DR is one domain that i need to refresh again.

And yes i will be taking 1 full 6 hour mock test... (planning to use AIO 4th edition quizzes on the CD)

Also i have the notes which i took all along while studying and will go through it too...

I also need to stop being nervous (about BCP-DR and about the exam) icon_redface.gif
  • hustlin_moe20hustlin_moe20 Member Posts: 225
    The CISSP for Dummies 3rd edition is a good quick read for this purpose. That and a lot of practice questions should do the trick. I have about 60 days left until my exam and it's time for me to buckle it down and go for it. Good luck on your exam.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I just saw this yesterday: Eric Conrad: 500 Free CISSP® Practice Questions

I haven't looked at them, but someone studying might find them useful.
    And if the above link has disappeared, here's the direct link: Elsevier: conrad: CISSP Study Guide Certification

On that page Eric Conrad also has audio discussions of each CISSP CBK domain.
  • holysheetmanholysheetman Member Posts: 113 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm not seeing the free 500 questions hehe!! - another hook-line-and-reel em' in?
    Is the Flash player popping up when you click the link? If not, shoot an email to Syngress' customer support.
  • Chirag7373Chirag7373 Registered Users Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello JDmurray,

I Just join this forums.Actually I am looking the CISSP Q&A and I found here in your post.THANKS for Sharing.I just completed one part 250 Q&A and looking another one later on today.

MY exam On this Saturday 11,2010.I have only 2 days left.

Do you have any suggestion for me for what I have to do in this 2 days.I just completed following materials.

CISSP AIO. Also Mkae 50 pages note from my own words with CD questions.
    CISSP :The Master of Ten Domains
    CERT VTE Training.
    Around 4-5 NIST Documents.
    Few CISSP CBT nuggets.
    CISSP Security Essentials by Peter.
    freepracticetest.org (Around 2500 Q&A)
    Also working on cissppracticesexams.com

And I told you I just finished one 250 question from above link.

Thank you for reading my post.

If any one passed from my situation then let me know.I am greatly appreciated.

What else I have to do next 2 days?
  • colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    The last day for sure - take it easy! You've put in a lot of hard workk to this point, cramming until your head hurts won't help you any. Do something relaxing, don't let it overwhelm you... go for a run, go swim, lift weights, whatever, just relax and most importantly get the best rest you can, and attack it with confidence.

Good luck!
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
    Thanks for your quick reply.

I just completed all 500 Q&A from above link and I got 75-80% and Tomorrow and before the exam I am going to review My notes and the master of ten domains by Krutz and Ready for exam.

Thanks again Colemic.
  • TrainingDazeTrainingDaze Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Chirag7373 wrote: »
    Thanks for your quick reply.

I just completed all 500 Q&A from above link and I got 75-80% and Tomorrow and before the exam I am going to review My notes and the master of ten domains by Krutz and Ready for exam.

Thanks again Colemic.

hey Chirag,

you sound well prepared. The night before or morning of you may want to glance over this study guide to keep the information fresh: http://home.cogeco.ca/~ericallaire/Document/CISSP%20aide%20memoire%20%28e%29%20v4.pdf

Good Luck and please share you exam experience here with us.

holysheetman: you running no-script plugin for firefox?
    Thank you very much.

I will post my experience for test.You know what I am really really excited to give this exam.
    Thank you very much.

I will post my experience for test.You know what I am really really excited to give this exam.

Good luck...may the force be with you icon_thumright.gif...do post us your examination experience...
  • adeljackadeljack Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am waiting for your examination experience. My exam will be tomorow Sept 16. please share your experience.
    adeljack wrote: »
    I am waiting for your examination experience. My exam will be tomorow Sept 16. please share your experience.

hi adeljack, please post ur experience too :) and wish u the best..
    now i need to wait for the results.... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    drk1980 wrote: »

Good luck, I hope it works out for you.icon_cheers.gif
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • KSJ999KSJ999 Registered Users Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□

Hi

I also wrote the exam on Sep 11,2010. any news about the results? kindly update if the results come
    KSJ999 wrote: »

Hi

I also wrote the exam on Sep 11,2010. any news about the results? kindly update if the results come

Good luck to you too.
    KSJ999 wrote: »

Hi

Hi KSJ999,
    Many who took the exam on Aug 28/29 haven't got their results yet (courtesy - cccure forums)
    So i guess we ll have to wait for a long time icon_sad.gif
    Many who took the exam on Aug 28/29 haven't got their results yet (courtesy - cccure forums)

Hello drk1980

any news about the results. atleast for those who sat on Aug28/29. Desperately waiting for the results. unable to control anxiety. Such a prolonged waiting is really miserable.

ksj999
  • AmcoAmco Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    GL guys, Why does it take so long for the results to come in?
    Amco wrote: »
    GL guys, Why does it take so long for the results to come in?

It takes time for the monkeys to learn how to use a red pen.
  • cabrillo24cabrillo24 Member Posts: 137
    The CISSP for Dummies 3rd edition is a good quick read for this purpose. That and a lot of practice questions should do the trick. I have about 60 days left until my exam and it's time for me to buckle it down and go for it. Good luck on your exam.
    For a quick read, I would highly recommend the Mike Meyers CISSP Passport. The book is no longer in print, it's a little dates, but the core concepts are still applicable to the CISSP exam. It's a light easy read, perfect for a final review or an introduction to the CISSP. I valued that more than the CISSP for Dummies.
    Next Up...
    CCNA: Security (210-260)
    Date: TBD
    I am in same boat.I wrote on Sept 11.But still wait for result.For me everything is stopped.Because I have another plan which depends on this result....

When we all get result?????
  • hustlin_moe20hustlin_moe20 Member Posts: 225
    I am in same boat.I wrote on Sept 11.But still wait for result.For me everything is stopped.Because I have another plan which depends on this result....

When we all get result?????
    No results yet?
    drk1980 wrote: »
    Hi KSJ999,

Hi

Whether anybody recd survey like stuff from isc2 for those who wrote cissp exam only

KSJ999