Help about AD

ysfsearcherysfsearcher Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi

i'm working in a factory that has al ready network system installed.
All servers are running windows 2003 R2.
That mean active directory is already there and attached to another server.

I'm beginner in Ad , preparing my 70-294 exam by using this book MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-294): Planning, Implementing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Active Directory Infrastructure.

See that i'm fighting time would like help from your part :
1- is this book a good one ?
2- how could i get the server architecture that is already in place ?
3- how could i put quota by login name or users?

Thanx a lot for your quick answering
Yocef

Comments

• Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Great to hear about you upping your skill set. But I think you are start in the wrong spot. There are fundamentals from 70-290 and 70-291 you need. Additionally 70-640 is great. More 2008 focussed, but still very good.
    -Daniel
  • ysfsearcherysfsearcher Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thanx for replying , but i've few time in front of me and i need to master AD and how to manage users then .....
  • KeithCKeithC Member Posts: 147
    thanx for replying , but i've few time in front of me and i need to master AD and how to manage users then .....

Just to reiterate what Daniel333 suggested. If you look at the skills measured section for the various Microsoft test the 70-290 has a complete section towards users and computers. The 70-294 I believe will not help you understand how to manage and add users.

Since you are beginning with active directory you should start with the what I think is the easiest test or at least most broad skilled test the 70-290. Since time is a problem for you maybe you should check out a video software package like cbtnuggets or testout.

Good Luck
  • ysfsearcherysfsearcher Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanx KeithC ok i'll begin with 70-290
    i'm asking how could i make a lab at home
    On my physical machine :
    i'll install 3 virtual machine , 1 is 2003 server and the others will be xp client
    Or on my physicalmacine : i install 2003r2 and with vmware i install 2 client xp

what is the best
  • KeithCKeithC Member Posts: 147
    Here is the link to the minimum requirements. On how you setup your lab depends on how decent your computer is. If you like your current setup then definitely use virtual machines to complete the labs using such programs as Virtual PC, VMware and VirtualBox. Cost wise VirtualBox is my pick.